The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fun Day  (Read 1664 times)

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
Fun Day
« on: Feb 06, 2010, 12:13 PM »
Went out to keelers bay before the crowd got there, had fun testing out the new power auger, Awesome! Lot Of Flags, caught a few pickerel and some perch, had a blast though it was cold cold cold, bring those hole covers! good luck everyone ;D

Offline icefishindude99

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fun Day
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2010, 01:59 PM »
thinking of going there tomorrow  glad to see the fish still biting   was there a few weeks ago and did good caught my first pike. 

Offline optimusfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:37 PM »
It might be packed. Obviously a lot of guys out that were scouting for the derby because we don't usually see that many people at that spot. Unfortunately, the showing up just because of the derby crowd seems to be far less respectful and neighborly than the regular guys. I don't like to cramp another guys flag line and people today were getting closer to others than I thought acceptable and then a third dude would show up and squeeze inbetween the first two. We'll be looking for ice that isn't part of the derby next weekend.

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Agreed optimus. ;D

Offline duckdownr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 04:33 PM »
I was the first one on Keeler's this past Sat. I had dudes run a set up right next to mine. I just thought is was a little wierd to have a huge body of water and guys drilling holes 10ft away from my setup... Is this normal, maybe I am just a personal space kind of guy??
No flags, just a half bucket of some nice perch. All in all a great day fishing! ;D

Offline optimusfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:05 AM »
Did you get on at Hill road, the state park or the little road inbetween. We got out on at the little road inbetween. When we arrived there was just one guy on the ice setup in the flat near what I call the river mouth (not sure if it leads back to an actual river or just peters off) running his flags back towards the 'river'. He was setup where I was hoping to setup, but I don't like cramping people. I think it is completely rude, so I setup a good clearance off back towards the road. Then a bunch of guys showed up and all basically piled on top of the guy. I was pretty annoyed, both for myself and this guy who had obviously gotten out early enough to deserve the good spot. To make it worse these new guys didn't even have the courtesy to go around our setup they were stomping and dragging their gear right over our flag line. We had been planning to do the derby, but after that experience I don't want to be anywhere near these "fishermen", and we'll be looking for quieter waters.

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2010, 12:55 PM »
can't Wait Optimus , I've Been Pampering The Wife So She Can't Say No...lol 2 Whole Days Of Fishing And $50.00
In Our Pockets To Use On New Gear, Instead Of Wasting It On The Derby. And We'll Hit A Quite Fishing Hole Cause Everyone Will Be Fishing The Derby. ;D

Offline VTtrophychaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Like Big Fish
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2010, 08:31 PM »
if someone sets up that close to me i tell em how it is.  if people do not have those kind of ethics when they show up, i normally make sure they have em when they leave
My dream is clear, it involves fishin' n beer

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2010, 05:42 AM »
Calm down JR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline dend54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:04 AM »
It annoys me tpp when people set up next to me, but the state owns the lake not any one man so I just deal with it. If someone were to "tell me how it is" they would be lible to get a poke in the nose. NOBODY OWNS THE LAKE!

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2010, 11:52 AM »
this is why we are skipping the derby this year

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2010, 05:13 AM »
this is why we are skipping the derby this year

We will be fishing the Benson Derby ,but a long way from the crowd!!

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:21 AM »
I don't Blame Ya.

Offline rawrightII

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Water Wolves
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2010, 07:06 PM »
we'll sick jr on them; if anyone comes near. you all dont want to meet him. hahahha

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:36 PM »
 ;D lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.