The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Recoil Issue  (Read 1974 times)

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Strikemaster Recoil Issue
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:26 AM »
FYI-

Just got off the tele with a service tech from Strikemaster. Just purchased a new Lazer Mag with a Solo Engine. 4th trip out and the recoil don't recoil leaves about 6 in of rope out. Mr Tech says "we are having a grease issue with that recoil" hmmm i says to myself. Anyway they are shipping a new recoil out and wants me to return the old one so they can rebuild and ship back as a spare. Good service but... IS this going to be a long lasting problem and will I need to carry a spare out every time  I guess time will tell ???

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Strikemaster Recoil Issue
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:32 AM »
I saw this post and decided to check my recoil. I looked and looked, and couldn't find it. So I called Greg at Icegator and he told me I didn't have one. :'( :'(
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:39 AM »
I really did not want to get into the old age debate over augers, just wanted to pass it along I dont think i am the only one with a strikemaster

Offline ColdFrontFisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:45 AM »
if you would have sprayed it down with some wd-40 before you took it out it would have been golden. There was and is a link posted on strikemasters site on how to reslve this issue. I also bought a new strikemaster with the solo and must admit that i am not very impressed. It cuts very well but it is a pain in the arse to start and there are a few design issues that make me wonder what the heck whoever designed it was thinking. Cant remove the muffler guard to clean the engin exhaust without removing the whole lower unit.... thats just F%^$ing ridiculous
Post frontal conditions follow me like a lonely puppy

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I looked and looked, and couldn't find it. So I called Greg at Icegator and he told me I didn't have one.

:roflmao: :roflmao: You Icegator guys sure love rubbing it in don't you?  ;)
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:33 PM »

All in a day's fun! :o :o :o :o :whistle:

When my batteries are dead you can have your fun also.  ;)

HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2010, 12:49 PM »
I have a Strikemaster Lazer Mag X-press I think I have had it 4 years now and i am on my second pull rope. The first one I had a friend at work fix for me cause I had plenty of rope left. The second time (first time out this season) I drilled my first set of holes about 12, then fished. Later I wanted to drill more hole and it broke on the first tug. You could see the line was frayed. I had it fixed at a small engine repair shop the same day. They went with a heavier cord. So far no problems. I have the Tecumseh 2 HP motor. You have the newer Solo engine. I
can relate to your frustration. Good luck! ;D
Greg
Fish on!

Offline svonasek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2010, 01:49 PM »

I hear they had to take the recoil off the gator to make clearance for a 10 inch auger...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.