The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: new hummingbird!  (Read 732 times)

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
new hummingbird!
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:48 PM »
so i just got word that the new humminbird ice 35 showed up in the mail today, i am stocked to go try it out.  Who else is using sonar, any pointers?

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: new hummingbird!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 03:57 PM »
I dont have a sonar but was looking into one for next year.  I am really leaning twards the hummingbird either the 35 or 45.  which one did you get?  I am no expert on them but the hummingbird seems to be the best bang for your buck.  let me know how it works.

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:03 PM »
i got the 35, I am going up to hyalite to dink around w it tonight after work, ill let u  know how it goes

Offline Mr.SO69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2010, 04:42 PM »
I just got a 35 last weekend and took it out on Sunday.  Couldn't find any fish to mark but it showed the jig really well.  Hope to be able to get it out somewhere with more action soon.

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:42 AM »
Tried it out last night.  I was impressed with how easy it was to use, just set the gain to see the jig and your golden.  We weren't marking many fish, but then they started showing up so we stayed in the same spot.  Pretty cool, worked as advertised.  The fish weren't too active, but we did catch 5, 3 came off the sonar.  I have fished hyalite quite alot so kinda know that seems to work, and the sonar confirmed the depth that we usually fish at.  I did however miss one fish because I was watching my buddy test out the unit, and not watching my bobber.  I think the biggest advantage will be when it comes time to try out water that I have never fished, or to try new spots on lakes, jst to find out if the fish are there.  I went in for half w my main fishing partner,  definatly worth the 140 bucks.   

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2010, 02:58 PM »
I picked up the Ice 55 at cabelas on sale about a month ago for 300 bucks I bought a camera also and I love both.Just love em
BBJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.