Author Topic: Man missing on Johnson's Pond  (Read 2663 times)

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
Man missing on Johnson's Pond
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:12 PM »
 check out the news, I read there searchin for some one????
How are the edges ?

Offline pike master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • let there be ice!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Man missing on Johnson's Pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:22 PM »
was it an ice fisherman  ???

Offline Flag Runner 48

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2010, 12:28 PM »
NO SOME GUY ICE SKATING

Offline pike master

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • let there be ice!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2010, 01:25 PM »
wow that's a terrable feeling for that poor family lets take a min. and pray for that individual that's lost

Offline smulax

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I just saw the news he is still missing.   Its a sad day today. 
"All men are equal before fish" - Herbert Hoover

Offline The Legend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:46 PM »
i dont think he was ice skating in the snow. how thick has the ice been on johnsons?

Offline d3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pay attention as the kids are always watching
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:43 PM »
They found this man this evening around 730 pm they called of the search until tomorrow around 6 and then resumed the search after they had a hit I believe some type of global system.  Anyway the short of the story is the man loved to ice skate and he went out skating and never returned. a friend found his boots at a dock which confirmend he was out skating and most likely still had skates on.  The area they found him was in one of the gaps where the water has a current from the narrowing in the pond and does not freeze unless we have old fashion winters -10 for two weeks and even then it is no where as thick as the rest of the pond.  Most likely they said that he was caught to far away from the dock last night and ended up in the area where the ice was thin and in he went.  Take a moment and say a prayer for his family and remeber at least he was doing something he loved when he passed just as if I passed  while out fishing or hunting.  Pay attention to your surroundings and carry a ice bar in front of you to check ice as you go when snow is on ice as you cannot tell at all 2 or 14 inches of snow.  I personally am saving the money for artic armor the set which floats as I want to come home to my family at night.  I fish real early in theseason and really late in the season pushing my luck so I know it is just a matter of time one of these years and I want to be prepared.  Be safe.

D3

Offline Fishin Nut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • God Bles America
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2010, 11:35 PM »
His wife is the crossing guard at my daughters school, when I called home at lunch break my wife informed me of the news and I instantly felt sickened and sadened for their family. It's tough enough to hear the news of local tradigity but when its someone in your very own community that you'll see from time to time, it just leaves one with an empty feeling. Thoughts and prayers.
Never Forget 9/11/01

Offline Two Bobs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2010, 05:28 AM »
Good Griev  I hope it's not the young ice skater we talked to Sunday he also left his boots @a dock.This is so sad. :'(

Bob

Offline solomon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2010, 06:44 AM »
Thoughts and Prayers.
sol...

Offline Flag Runner 48

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:01 AM »
i am taking my son out on the hard water tomorrow and this will definitely be on my mind....thoughts and prayers for the family

Offline pdecoto

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 04, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Let us all take a moment and say a pray for his love ones. It is a sad day for all. We must all keep in mined that this time of year is when the water starts to warm from the bottom up. I have notice some bushes along the pond that already have buds on them. So be careful and have a safe outing.
Paul D

Offline ryand

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2010, 07:44 AM »
man lost at jhonsons die he my social studys teachers friend and lunch lady husband. it sad >:( :( :'( :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.