Author Topic: Whites Landing  (Read 2652 times)

Offline dbsnowman

• IceShanty Rookie
Whites Landing
« on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:39 PM »
Was looking to go to Sandusky bay around Whites Landing.  Any info on conditions would be helpful.
" just drowin worms"  dbsnowman

Offline tlshealy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Whites Landing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2010, 03:40 AM »
We were going to go there Saturday but the ice was not good, it had opened up the previous week and had not refrozen enough yet, I would think that it should be getting safe again after Sat and Sun nights temps.
Tad

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2010, 08:46 PM »
 :o   its getting that time , its locked up , but need more cold. will keep  you up dated.  getting  things ready to go! 

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 08:58 PM »
 :o couple inches in coves marina ,  there will be people around this weekend trying to go out. there were a few out there today, they didnt leave the cove, keep ya posted. ;D ;D

Offline herefishyfishyfishy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2010, 07:39 PM »
Hi.  Been lurking in the shadows and finally decided to register.  Great forum with a lot of great folks willing to help each other out.  I would like to know more about the Whites Landing area.  Where to park, where to fish and for what species,  and anything else I may need to know for a first time visit.  Thanks in advance.

Offline Tailchaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2010, 06:01 PM »
I fished it many years ago. Had a couple guys take a plunge in there. If I remember right there are some underground springs in that area. Be careful. I don't think we had enough  cold weather for that place. I wouldn't even do the bay , till a good week of colder weather. 

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:11 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                                                               getting more and more people here every year,thats good . can park at bar, they want $5 for the day. not really anyother places to park, unless u no one of the locals. there are perch & bullhead. its locked up, just need more cold to seal the deal. ;D :o   will keep ya posted, i will check it out tommorow.               

Offline eye spy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:35 PM »
I talked to a local today who said there was a lot of open water there just a few days ago.  There are several warm springs out there and people go swimming every year.  You could have a good 12" of ice where you are standing and walk a few more steps and go through.  It is still really early so use your heads and wait until we have good ice.

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:57 PM »
hey , guys new to the site but i will say that it is way to early for whites , and i believe there are 3 springs , i know people who pulled off in feb , because it wasn't safe. lol be safe i've taken the ice bath before and it's not for the unfit.PEACE

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2010, 09:04 AM »
                        there are more than 3 springs out there . the ones you guys are talking about are 18~27 ft around. very eazy to spot if ice is clean , the ice looks honey comed , and you might want to stay away. i see people get in the middle of them and fish. i have got them on GPS ,went out there in summer and used depth finder also ,some are deeper than you would think , because the average depth of the bay 6~8 ft deep .so if you do fall through dont  panic, put your feet down see if you can touch bottom. hopfully with this cold this week we can get down to it. next question whos got minnows, 3rd bace bar ~rt6 at 269, or bayview , or if ya go over bridge , 53north go threw 2nd light on right (across from mc donalds) they carry lots of goodies , also have mustang suit. ok guys ,good day. ;)

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 15, 2010, 06:49 PM »
well , has anyone been out to check it out in the last week , since the artic blast? any brave , and or stupid souls yet?

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2010, 07:26 PM »
ya still got open h2o, thought i might check some small ponds. go the itch.

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2010, 11:17 PM »
thanks , i'm probably gonna hit my buddys pond see how thick it is .peace

Offline Duuber

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Live to Fish; Fish to Live
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:57 AM »

The ice is starting to lock up in the bay.

The attached web site is nice for checking out how much ice is on the lake.

http://www.lakeeriesportfishing.com/lakeerie-satillite-image.html

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2010, 05:22 PM »
hey ,  stinky fingers i went and hit my buddys pond today it was about 3inches of clear and 1 1/2 of frozen snow and slush so about 4 1/2 total caught 5 crappies in about the fist 40 mins , marked a bunch of gills but only caught 5 , they would follow my jig but just wouldn't take it. there would be about 10 fish following it or just surrounding it at a time, didn't matter if i jigged it or just let it set , would only hit once in awhile , was in 8ft crappies were at about 4 1/2 , the gills would follow it from the bottom to 5 ft , they wouldn't go past the 5 ft mark.lol peace

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2010, 07:20 PM »
 ;Dwe got 3inches out here, couple guys in marina. went over edison bridge today ,got couple shantys off crystle rock(just east of whites landing) also had abought 5~6 fisherman off west side of old bay bridge. if ya go out be be dam carefull!!  good luck. :o ::) :tipup:

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2010, 09:49 PM »
ya i figured small ponds might be way to go. i figured there would be people out there by now , iam going this week end. got to get out, good luck . tread lightly :o

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:10 PM »
walked out quit a ways today ,  got 4~6 in most places. the smooth clear winding is 2~4. just stay to right or left of it . there was one guy out there all day ,didnt make it back out to see how he did. to many chores to do today. try myself sunday. :o :o

Offline stinky fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~tight lines~
« Reply #18 on: Dec 22, 2010, 01:27 PM »
 :oits on fellas 6 in , in most areas. i walked around all over out there .didnt get to 3rd spring but i am sure its good.  good luck~tight lines ::) :o :tipup:

Offline MTBUCKET53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2010, 01:28 PM »
Was past WHTLND today,lots of fisherman all three springs,only  :talked to one guy said all he got
was a few dink perch?,where the perch biting??.Thanks thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.