New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ice Shanty  (Read 2788 times)

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice Shanty
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2010, 05:29 AM »
The bottom line is if your happy, we're happy. Good luck with the new portable, and save some fish for us.LOL

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:10 AM »
Little trick to setting up a hub shelter in the wind shakedown, put 1 ice anchor in the upwind bottom grommet and then pop it up like normal then put the rest of your anchors in. I've set my Base Camp up in some pretty hefty winds this way, now get out there and get to fishin' my man!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline steve339

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2010, 07:15 AM »
It never ends man.

Don't say that!!!  I'm already past my budget for this year.  And I haven't even modified my stuff yet!!  Oh crap!!

Offline shakedownstreet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 07, 2010, 12:05 PM »
I gave it another go and set it up im my living room. No problems. Looks great, and it's plenty big. I bet I can set in up in less than a minute and 1/2. Probably, take it down that quick too. The real test will be on the ice and as mentioned--with the wind. Now, I just have to figure out how to transport it. I think I am just going to place it on top of my jet sled jr., on top of 2 buckets, and bungied down. It looks like a backpack bag but you cant walk with that on your back. The bottom hits your ankles. I was a little dissapointed with that fact because it is misleading, but I can live with it. It does seem pretty durable, and well made. The litmus test will be in a few days. Thanks for the input. I got some good suggestions. One, which Combsey mentioned, is to tie a little rope to each pull loop. I think that's a great idea because it is a little tricky grasping for them in the middle of all that bulk of material. I also like the idea putting a stake in one grommet while setting up and taking down. Makes sense.
"Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills,
One man gathers what another man spills."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.