The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen Reservoir Derby Results  (Read 7458 times)

Offline Long Point Slammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Boysen Reservoir Derby Results
« on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Anyone have any results yet of how the tourney went?  Big fish, etc......?????
'If you fish it, they will come.....'

Offline stumpm2

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Boysen Reservoir Derby Results
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:38 PM »
My brother and I won the trout category with a 8 pound 4 ounce rainbow.  I say my brother and I because the trout hit two of his tip ups and one of mine and then tangled up two of my other tip ups.  In all, five tip ups were tangled up and they were a good distance away for another.  We ended up having to cut the line on three tip ups because they were spooled.  This fish covered some serious ground and I am glad it all happened in the daylight when we were right on top of the tip ups. There ended up being a nest of balled up line about the size of basketball after it was all said and done.  It was a pretty exciting and confusing time trying to figure out exactly what was going on and what was tied to what.

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:55 PM »
I bet that was exciting!

I tried out LT's trick with the half hitch, it's my new favorite trick. Worked great for the few trout that I caught, and you never have to worry about them spooling the reel.
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline WYeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishoholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Congrats on the trout. Funny story. I once had a ling grab two tipups about 60' apart,me and the other guy both thought we had whales on for a minute or so till we figured it out. ;D Not as exicting as the mess you had though. Thats one of the biggest rainbows ive heard of from Boysen, with a real weight taken instead of a quessed weight.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:31 AM »
My friend and I did well at the Boysen Ice fishing tournament this last weekend.  We caught about 30 perch, 1 trout, 4 saugers, 12 walleyes, 6 ling and 1 catfish.   The catfish was the first place winner at 13.2 lbs. and 6 of our walleyes and saugers were between 4 and 6+ lbs.   The catfish was a true adventure in fishing.  It was to big to get through the 8 inch  hole so I had to grab it by the lip and attach a wire to it so we could hold it why we made the hole bigger. It took us about 20 minutes to finally have it on top of the ice. My partner and I know that we need to have a bigger auger next year.  It was cold with a high of 30 degrees and a low of 8 below over the 3 days of fishing.  We stayed in my old camper and it was defiantly cool living.. If some one can help me I have pictures?
olefish

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:02 PM »
what do u need help with olefish??There is a thread on how to post pics..I'd love to see em..

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:36 PM »

here are my pictures
olefish

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2010, 02:39 PM »
Nice mess of fish, good job.

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2010, 04:01 PM »
looks like you got enough action to keep it interesting did you get most of them on tipups or jigging?

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2010, 05:15 PM »
looks like you got enough action to keep it interesting did you get most of them on tipups or jigging?
all but one on tip-ups with minnows
olefish

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2010, 06:22 PM »
I fished three days and got two perch and two trout  >:(
Obviously my spots weren't up to par this weekend lol

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:48 PM »
My friend and I did well at the Boysen Ice fishing tournament this last weekend.  We caught about 30 perch, 1 trout, 4 saugers, 12 walleyes, 6 ling and 1 catfish.   The catfish was the first place winner at 13.2 lbs. and 6 of our walleyes and saugers were between 4 and 6+ lbs.   The catfish was a true adventure in fishing.  It was to big to get through the 8 inch  hole so I had to grab it by the lip and attach a wire to it so we could hold it why we made the hole bigger. It took us about 20 minutes to finally have it on top of the ice. My partner and I know that we need to have a bigger auger next year.  It was cold with a high of 30 degrees and a low of 8 below over the 3 days of fishing.  We stayed in my old camper and it was defiantly cool living.. If some one can help me I have pictures?
Nice fish!   My friends whine at my 10 inch auger diameter, and when I am in a huge fish area, I drill two overlapped holes. 
Nice fish!!!
Thread killer

Offline Woodie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2010, 11:48 PM »
I fished three days and got two perch and two trout  >:(
Obviously my spots weren't up to par this weekend lol

Well don't feel bad my daughter and I fished all Sunday and got skunked. Did not see anyone all around us that caught much either, that I saw anyway? Broke my shaft pin on my 10" power auger (of course no spare parts) late Sat., ran back to town and bought the last 8" Stike Master Lazer hand auger. Glad I did so I could fish on Sun. That Lazer glides through the ice  :o, and now I have a backup. Congrats to olefish, nice fish!
"Important Things"

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 12:09 AM »
Thank you all, even a blind dog finds a bird on some days... I would rather be lucky than good
olefish

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:46 PM »
Have a feeling conservationists/managers  have nightmares about icefishing  :-\

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2010, 08:09 PM »
 Tough Creek was "Tough" on me and my crew. Very few bites for soo many holes... :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline trapper82601

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 03, 2010, 05:50 PM »
cottonwood produced 3 trout ( overs) & 4 ghost fish in the 3 days
nothing funnier than running for a tip up on the snow & hitting a patch of clear ice to check your skills of balancing.  :roflmao:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #17 on: Feb 03, 2010, 08:53 PM »
I spent pretty much all day punching holes out from the Sisters...nuttin...nev er graphed a fish  :-\ Don
                                                           LT/Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #18 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:18 PM »
I spent pretty much all day punching holes out from the Sisters...nuttin...nev er graphed a fish  :-\ Don
                                                           LT/Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

I feel your pain Brother...  ;D    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline y4derby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2010, 09:41 PM »
We fished tuffcreek all three days got 10 perch 1 trout and 4 little walleyes kinda slow but we had a great time ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.