Author Topic: underwater fish light  (Read 843 times)

dakotaice

underwater fish light
« on: Jan 30, 2010, 05:42 PM »
just wondering if anyone has tried underwater lights.i bought a couple off of ebay in the icefishing section.they seem to work .i put 1  next to 1 of my tip-ups and left the other 4 as normal.sure enough  that  one outfished the others.im not talking bailinem but a definate difference.let me know,just curious if  it was a fluke.im gonna tryem at night next  trip out.

Offline flytyr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: underwater fish light
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2010, 08:33 PM »
What color are the lights and what do they look like?

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2010, 11:22 PM »
You can use old style car or truck head lights cause their sealed so they'll float.  Daisy chain a few with gator clips and hook to a car battery... :tipup:
Z
What color are the lights and what do they look like?
TED NUGENT for PRESIDENT!

dakotaice

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2010, 05:00 AM »
the lights i got are white ,but the guy was sellin blue and green too.i figured white was brighter.they are small ,maybe 4" or so long,and work off of 1 aa battery.these drop into the water on a line so you can fishem as deep as you want.

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:16 AM »
Dakotaice,
I've heard of them.  Their cool cause you can run'em deeper without having more powerful light, that require more battery draining bulb.  Where did you get them at?? :tipup:
Z

Offline crappiman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:30 AM »
You can find lights at Crappicandle.com

dakotaice

« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:00 AM »
the ones i got were off of ebay nunder the icefishing section.most of the guys items were auction style but i got mine for about 11 a piece.they are l.e.d. bulbs so i cant imagine burning them out .if you cant find them let me know and ill go back and find the user id.

dakotaice

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:06 AM »
just looked at the crappie candle that crappiman suggested.look pretty good.thing i dont like is the camera style battery.bit more pricey to replace and your getting 14 hrs of use.im getting 80 plus hrs of use on a single aa.they say that you get 72 hrs but im getting a bit more.better batteries maybe ???

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2010, 08:59 AM »
Much rather have the one that uses the AA's, I'm with you on the camera style battrey! I'll have to access the eBay page later.  At work, and it's a banned site here... Thanks for your help!!:tipup:
Z

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Dakotaice,
Looked on find.com....had plenty of green and the other two colors couldn't really tell what they were and they didn't say either.  Greens' the color to use for all fish or different colors for different species?? :tipup:
Z

dakotaice

« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:17 AM »
hi icemanz,thats what they say bout green.but i never saw a green lantern sittin on the ice lol.i saw a couple guys last year on a night trip to long pond ny,they were bailin and i couldnt get much more than a couple.went over and asked,being new to the sport,and they simply said you dont have a lantern.ding ding,lights and bells went off in my head .i figured if lights on the surface work ,maybeeeee. did some looking and bought a couple white ones.seem to work great now ya got me wondering if i gotta buy some green.ebay here i come lol

dakotaice

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:30 AM »
icemanz ,do a "sporting goods " search on ebay then click on fishing then click on ice fishing type in lights and scroll through till ya see   submersible ice fishing lights. least ya can see what they look like.                                                                                                           

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Will do, thank ya Sir!....as soon as I can get one, I'll let you know how they do! Again Thanks for all your help! :tipup:
Z

Offline bearbgone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:44 AM »
I tried one last night. I dropped it down a hole close to my hole and it really brought the fish in. I was marking fish like crazy but not many of them were biting. I was on a lake that is usually slow when the moon is real bright and it was bright last night. I tried waxies, minnows and all different combinations of jigs and spoons but I only had a few bites.

Offline IcemanZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:20 AM »
Bearbgone,
Well I guess if it brings them in is what counts rite, the bitting is up to the lures and bait used.  Lights did their job.... :tipup:
Z

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.