Author Topic: Lake Michigan Spots  (Read 936 times)

Offline illinoisice

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Michigan Spots
« on: Jan 28, 2010, 08:16 PM »
Looking to go on the big lake this weekend.  Ive never ice fished it before, and just wondering what are better harbors to go into?  and how to acces them.  better in the AM or PM?  Cuz i seen an episode of midwest outdoors and they were in a harbor (on illinois side) and they were just pulling fish out like crazy.  thanks for the input

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lake Michigan Spots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Try Montrose Harbor for the Perch or Browns. Pull into the harbor and head out near the pack. Ice is around 10"....

Poorboy

Offline wilbur

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2010, 04:00 PM »
poorboy are you still going to story this weekend?  I talked to Al at the bait shop over there and he said they werent doing as good as before the cold front. Think i might try somewhere closer.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2010, 11:15 PM »
north point marina in winthrop harbor can be good you can get browns and steelies and some nice pike on flags and now and then you can get some gills and crappies and even a bonus perch but they are few and far between. one thing to remember is you can only fish the first 2 dock sections and make sure all your stuff is up to snuff you will be checked by one or two g-men at least 2 times during the day so name on your shack and boards and your stamps if you fish for trout
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2010, 12:55 PM »
Wilbur
 Stayed close to home this past weekend. Fished crappies and gills and done well. Going to hit the slough Thursday morning.

Poorboy

Offline wilbur

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2010, 05:41 PM »
Poorboy

Iwent to lake holiday sat. the water was murky it took me 9hr to catch 40 fish. If you ever need a partner to go with give me a hollar. I am laid off right now. 708 417 4920  always looking to go and live close to you .  thanks Wilbur.

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2010, 01:41 AM »
I'll give you a ring Tuesday evening maybe we could meet up next weekend....

Poorboy

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2010, 04:37 PM »
Hey Toadhunter2: are you using minnows or spawnsacks for the browns in winthrop ? :icefish:

Thanks, Tony
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.