Author Topic: Just an FYI Gander has Shelters on Sale  (Read 1995 times)

Offline ZRWHAT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just an FYI Gander has Shelters on Sale
« on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Not sure if anyone is in need of a new shelter but Gander put them on sale a few days ago.  Not huge discounts but better than nothing, $25 off under $199 and $50 off anything over that.  Been looking at the Summit Pop-up which would be down to $200 after the discount, and the Expedition would be $125 after the discount.  They have a few of both in stock in Ft. Wayne.

Offline RynoIceMan

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Just an FYI Gander has Shelters on Sale
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2010, 11:17 AM »
Not sure if anyone is in need of a new shelter but Gander put them on sale a few days ago.  Not huge discounts but better than nothing, $25 off under $199 and $50 off anything over that.  Been looking at the Summit Pop-up which would be down to $200 after the discount, and the Expedition would be $125 after the discount.  They have a few of both in stock in Ft. Wayne.
I Purchased the expidetion at the beginning of the season and i love it...its light..easy to transport..and sets up in seconds!
Didnt catch a damn thing! Guess you can say we took a lickn'
Tonights fish fry is gonna taste like chicken!
A Bad Day of Fishin' Beats a Good Day of Anything Else

Offline gillbuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2010, 05:21 AM »
Was in Fort Wayne last night they only have the exp. left and had no signs up of having anything on sale that I saw.But had my wife with me so who knows.Did buy some ice armor gloves anybody have them and are they good.

Offline panfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:01 AM »
Was in Fort Wayne last night they only have the exp. left and had no signs up of having anything on sale that I saw.But had my wife with me so who knows.Did buy some ice armor gloves anybody have them and are they good.

The gloves are awesome. Hands don't ever get cold even if they are wet. I've used them to skim ice out of my hole with no problems. The only issue I have is that the leather in the palms is to soft. I cut my first pair trying to get ice off of my auger while putting the guard on.

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2010, 10:40 AM »
The gloves are awesome. Hands don't ever get cold even if they are wet. I've used them to skim ice out of my hole with no problems. The only issue I have is that the leather in the palms is to soft. I cut my first pair trying to get ice off of my auger while putting the guard on.

Unless you have the metal mesh gloves on it doesn't matter what material the glove is, those auger blades can and will slice through anything.  A few years back I was wearing gloves and sliced into my finger pretty good, it was such a clean cut I didn't even feel it at first.  Once it started to throb I took off glove and saw the damage, ripped part of a t shirt in half and wrapped it, even then it took a good half hour for the bleeding to stop. 

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pollock $1.49 a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2010, 11:20 AM »
I was looking for a one-man flip over and I called and they were out. Heck we still have a month of ice fishing and these guys don't want any more stock sitting around.
Fish on!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:40 PM »
I was looking for a one-man flip over and I called and they were out. Heck we still have a month of ice fishing and these guys don't want any more stock sitting around.

I am seeing a lot of that up here in Chicagoland.  None of the bait shops are stocking electronics or anything of value really, it is all special order.  I am the instant gratification type of person I want to have item in hand now, not wait for them to order it.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2010, 02:45 PM »
I agree. I would like to see hands on what they are like. Maybe even have a couple of different manufacturers to choose from. I am
kinda disappointed with the area having so many lakes and not enough full line tackle sporting good stores. ???
Fish on!

Offline ss307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2010, 06:57 AM »
DICK'S SPORTING GOODS HAS ALL ICE AND HUNTING GEAR HALF PRICE

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Not Fort Wayne! :'(
Fish on!

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:40 PM »
gander in merrilville had the fish trap yukon tc 100$ off

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:44 PM »
Yesterday Gander in Fort Wayne only had 1 ice cube on display and were putting all there ice stuff away.  ???
Sorry but don't we have at least this month to icefish? Who are they servicing? Themselves?
Fish on!

Offline GoBlue2255

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:45 PM »
As far as I am concerned gander could give me $100 to spend there and I would have a really hard time going to the store.   The 2 store's in the Grand Rapids area are worthless.
[IMG]]

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:48 PM »
I haven't heard many good reports on here about them.
Fish on!

Offline GoBlue2255

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:51 PM »
I haven't heard many good reports on here about them.

The problem with the stores here in the area are that they basically had the ice fishing stuff out 1st of Dec and started taking it down the first 2 weeks of January.  We still have / had 6-10 weeks of hard water left at the time they were taking it down.   That and the attitude from employees
[IMG]]

Offline Greg2ha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Make you appreciate the little guys! They just don't have the funds to carry what the Super stores do.
Fish on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.