Author Topic: have a problem  (Read 890 times)

Offline snapozz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh no its weed'ez watch out.....:icefishing:
have a problem
« on: Jan 26, 2010, 10:29 AM »
ok, the last couple trips ive been getting into a few nice panfish rite on the bottom be4 the sun goes down about 30mins after dark the bite dies, and the fish move away from the bottom to about half way up in 30fow and i can not for the life of me get them to hit, ive tried just about everything in the box to this point and have still not come any closer to getting them to bite. does anyone eles have this problem? and if they have do you know how to make thoes fish bite? cuz i have no clue any help would be good about now. thanks alot :tipup:
Its like my pap told me, "son its the way you hold you mouth"
so i like to keep mine open ;)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: have a problem
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:44 AM »
Positive those are panfish???  I had the same pattern for several times on a lake...then one time I shown my flashlight down the hole after seeing a mark about 8 feet below and saw what look like ciscoes.  Those marks were suspended in about 5 feet to 20 feet below me over a 30 feet depth.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline snapozz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:21 PM »
im almost positive. i got a crappie out of the hole and seen the fish go from the bottom to about mid. way up and then to about 3/4 of the way up. like i said i think so.

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:10 PM »
If they are pannies they probably changed the food they're after. Have bottom huggers that eat worms sticking up until it gets dark then drift up and start on the little stuff. Go much smaller with a touch of glow might solve it

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:11 PM »
You might have to go super tiny because it's also possible that the fish changed into a plankton feed at night.  That's why I see ciscoes in the lake, yet occassionaly still able to catch a crappie or two in the mix suspended.  It's possible, that going big can somtimes work better.  Often at night switching up to fathead size minnows has worked better for me.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline snapozz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:30 PM »
thanks, ill have to try that. now ill have to wait till the edges get alot better tho :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.