Author Topic: Simcoe  (Read 2107 times)

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
Simcoe
« on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Leaving tomorrow night to fish Simcoe Wednesday through Friday.  Looking to fish perch and some whities.  We are going to be walking out, but have huts and electronics.  We are staying in Lefroy.  Planning on fishing out of Innisfil. Any body have any other suggestions?

thanks!

Offline MSC82

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:05 AM »
Where is Innisfill???  We are headed to the lake next month for our maiden voyage.
I know where they live, I know what they eat, now its time to fool them with thread, feathers, and roadkill.

Offline stoph

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:57 AM »
walleyehawger, innisfill is great for lakers and whities but i don't think its much of a perch spot...your best bet imho is to hit gilford for the perch, its only a 10min drive south from inissfill, the perch fishing there can be absolutely insane at times! walking out is fine, you don't need to go miles. (i caught 400+ perch in 5hrs at first ice, i couldent get a rapala down more than 10' before it was hit, i don't think i got it down to the bottom even once. i had to reel in and stop fishing to smoke a cigerette! biggest was 13.5" ;D).
 I'd walk out and hit inissfill in the am, then head over to gilford after shore lunch in the p.m, but hey thats just me!
 msc82, inissfill is on the west side of simcoe, kinda between big bay point and gilford. look at lakesimcoeareamessageb oard on-line theres a maps/charts spot at the top of the homepage. Both places mentioned are on the bottom left map....

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Innisfil is a large area south & east of Barrie. Watch out for the Parking Nazi. He will quickly ticket even for minor offenses and goes out of his way to find them. This area IMO is not tourist friendly at all. They even passed a by-law to charge non-residents for parking at a lake front park but residents get free passes.
Lefroy is part of the Town of Innisfil. Good perch area but a long walk from there to decent whitefish/lake trout grounds.(4+ miles) Look for 80+ fow for whities & lakers at the top end of Cooks Bay and even deeper on Kempenfelt Bay.
For whitefish & lakers you could also try the north shore of Kempenfelt Bay. Reasonable walk out to the deeper water but a longer drive to get there. Most go out from the Oro Lines 2 through 9.

Good Luck; Rick

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2010, 09:10 AM »
We're heading up early tomorrow morning to Port Blolster, going out at Casey's.
Any word on conditions?
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline PaddyO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2010, 10:55 AM »
We're heading up early tomorrow morning to Port Blolster, going out at Casey's.
Any word on conditions?
I'll answer my own question:

It was terrible.    Ice was good - over 16" of mostly clear ice.   Alot of cracking - actually shifted our hut on Saturday.     For 3 days - barely anything to write home about.   60 keepers, only 4 fish over 11".

The beer was cold and the fun was none stop - just lacked the fish.
Clam Kenia Pro Thermo Stealth
Otter XT X-Cabin Thermo
Clam Kenia Pro
Marcum Showdown
Marcum VS485C
Labatt Blue Light

Offline Jdawg67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:08 AM »
Headed out to Simcoe next week fishing with Paul's Huts.  Anyone know if he is out deep where he was last year?  40+.  Out of Port Bolster.  Anyone been out with him recently?  Success? 

We went with him last year, and had a great weekend.  Everyone caught fish.  Size wasn't quite as good as it had been years ago, but between four of us we took home 80 fish 9"+  a dozen or so around 12.  Caught almost everythig in minnows.  Also landed three whitefish.  Just hoping that he is out near the same spot.  A long drive, and a lot of money to go out for poor fishing. 

Thanks

Jdawg

Offline stoph

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:03 AM »
jdaw, i'm not familier with port bolster. Simcoe has been fishing a little slow the last couple weeks, but a mid feb funk is kinda expected pretty much everwhere tho right?  Theres still good fish coming out, but nobody's really hauling. Next weekend is hot on the fishing callender so who knows, things change fast round these parts. Even when simcoes fishing slow its kinda irrelevent as its still a great place to fish, and there are ALWAYS fish to catch, as long as you can find them!

Offline Jdawg67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2010, 02:06 PM »
Thanks Stoph.  I appreciate the info

Offline Baitshop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ross
CIFC Tournament on Saturday & Sunday
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2010, 06:32 AM »
Anybody fishing the tournament.  My son and I will be there again this year!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2010, 09:02 PM »
I drove past the tournament this year looked like a decent tournout with all those cars on the ice...how was the fishing?

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Stoph .We will be up a week from Monday fishing Cooks Bay  , Hows the fishing been
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.