Author Topic: Katepwa  (Read 762 times)

Offline aredog

• IceShanty Rookie
Katepwa
« on: Jan 24, 2010, 10:58 PM »
hey any good spots close to the point from town, im scared to take my truck on the ice with the snow fall, and how is thick is the ice directly infront of the point?

Offline kaiser

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Katepwa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2010, 08:30 AM »
If your driving on the ice from the boat launch, you can stay on that side and head east. A few shanty's sitting @ 12'-15' of water, maybe 10 cottages down. You can catch alittle of everything but nothing is steady. As for the ice thickness, give or take 18" i'd say. Across from the main beach, the sand bar point had open water bout 50 yrds from shore. This was 2 weekends ago when the weather was great, but I would be hesitate to drive across any part of the lake, but that me.

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2010, 09:55 AM »
made the drive out to katepwa yesterday in the storm. roads were terrible and the fishing wasnt that great either. we got a lot of small perch but managed to keep a pike, burbot, 2 walleye and 3 jumbo's

Offline aredog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:24 PM »
ya i was thinking about going on the east side of the boat launch there, i have been fishing echo and i have been catching nothing but small perch, even though its steady fishing (which i am not complainin) id like to find somewhere that i can catch a little more than small perch, maybe some burbot or pike.  Does anyone even fish on the north east side of the point, sorta where the village is?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.