Author Topic: Getting out this weekend?  (Read 1344 times)

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
Getting out this weekend?
« on: Jan 22, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Weather doesn,t sound to hot this weekend over most of the state.  Any of you hardcore guys going out this weekend?  Im oncall for the county but I still might try on sunday evening.
Getem caught

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Getting out this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:42 PM »
Sounds a little windy for Sunday!

Sure a lot of power poles down in the country!!!!!

Stay warm everyone, but if ya do venture out hope ya really hit em hard!!!!!!!!
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:18 AM »
no crappy weather here yet?  ??? ::)
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline fishfeind

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2010, 08:04 AM »
yeah I know if I wasn,t on call i wouldve went on sat.  now its sunday and the wind blowing 40 +.  hope you east river guys weather the storm ok. 
Getem caught

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:47 AM »
Seems like the way it has been going for my fishing trips this winter....had commitments yesterday and today it dropped 15 degrees and howling wind with snow....

I don't mind it if I can get the flip over set up, its just getting harder and harder talking myself into going in that weather to get set up, and it's not like the fishing has been spectacular.

If I haven't left by noon, I probably won't go.  I must be getting old  ;D

Good luck to those that get out!!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2010, 01:18 PM »
I know that I'm old and on days like today I enjoy staying in the house watching the snow and wind. I'm retired so I can choose the days that I want to hit the ice. I spent 36 years working outside and that was enough.  ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline fishing grampa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I know that I'm old and on days like today I enjoy staying in the house watching the snow and wind. I'm retired so I can choose the days that I want to hit the ice. I spent 36 years working outside and that was enough.  ;D

Unfortuniately I agree, this getting old makes ya want to stay in these kind of days, but all we need some fish to start biting so we can get fired up about going out....

Sure has been a slow start to the ice fishing season around here..
Sometime hard water is a good thing..............

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:34 PM »
I feel like the cold water season is half over already, with some of the best ice under our belts with little to show for it.... :-\

If ice holds until March, I guess we are ok....just gotta keep positive and make the most of it when we get the chance.

That's why I hate to miss a day like Saturday, but I listened to the forcast and was preparing to be without power and snowed in.....

I wanna be a weather man.....

I just figured it up.....Nov, Dec, and Jan pretty much over....Feb and March still coming, can't depend on April....we're more than half way there folks....

Gotta quit listening to the forecast and go when I can!!   >:(  ;)

Offline Piking Icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2010, 01:23 PM »
Yes, we have actually had a couple of very good years for ice fishing so no complaints from me other than I have not had the time to get out as much as I would like but then again....I think I would say that no matter what since I don't think I could ever get sick of fishing.  Either way, the weather has been favorable for ice fishing compared to previous years in the past when it seemed like the lakes would barely get a layer of ice before it was gone.  We may have seen a few days of extreme weather but at least we have some decent ice to drill into.
Fish Fear me.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.