Author Topic: Lake Argyle/Spring Lake Macomb  (Read 2020 times)

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 2013 2nd Place Crappie!
Lake Argyle/Spring Lake Macomb
« on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:10 AM »
anyone ever fish any of these? any luck? I am back to school and this is pretty much my only option without driving an hour....Any tips or information would be great

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
Re: Lake Argyle/Spring Lake Macomb
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:18 PM »
 Hey thanks for the ice hut! Plan on trying it out tomorrow if the rain holds out. I've fished Argyle only once in the spring,but never tried it through the ice. Heard there are some nice fish there though. good luck!

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2010, 12:04 PM »
I think I am going to try and head out tomorrow..wish I had my new frabill commando here :( And yeah..your welcome hopefully u enjoy it as much as I did..It was a great beginner hut for me..If i am home before the ice is out we could meet up on one of our lakes and do some fishing..Weird that the one guy that calls lives five minutes away and happens to be on this site!

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2010, 08:28 PM »
 Sounds good to me! I saw your 14" Crappie. Thats awesome! PM me or give me a call.
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:23 PM »
 Hey Prayforice,
 Did you get to Argyle this weekend? Me and a buddy were thinking of heading that way Sunday. Just wondering if you did any good.
 Thanks
   MAtt

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Ok here is the deal with argyle..Went out on sunday for the first time..keep in mind I am a junior and still had never made it to this lake..lol Our bass club always fishes spring lake and having caught a 7 plus pounder out there I had never thought to go to argyle..Well first off spring lake had a no ice fishing sign so that wasnt an option..got to argyle and it was kind of a little walk due the park closing the boat ramp but that was no big deal...the ice looked not so hot because its located at the bottom of a hill and with all the rain running in the shore ice was a bit weak but it was still about 7 inches off shore..I had planned on using my underwater camera to locate the fish and damn the water was only about 1/2" visibility lol..Never put a pole in the water just talked to the locals for about 30 mins to learn a little about the lake..Apparently lots of walleye are in there and a huge crappie population..He told me down by the dam was good but was too far of a walk for me from where i was..Said a buddy had caught 60 crappie by the dam..So my plan is this weekend to go out there on sunday prob..straight to the dam and the water should be clear out there since the moving water as at the opposite end of the lake..Maybe you guys would wanna hit there and we could all head out? Thought also about coming home on sat just to fish during the day? trying to get out both days ..at home i know where they are lol..Let me know if u guys wanna do either day?

Matt

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:50 PM »
 Would love to fish the lake. Can you take two guys out? I know they rules have got changed over the years. Well let me know and we'll go from there.
 Thanks
  Matt

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:52 PM »
home..argyle...or both?

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2010, 10:28 PM »
 Home for sure. Trying to work it out for Argyle to though. I have to see if I can move a project to the next weekend so I can do both days.
 Matt

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2010, 01:34 PM »
ice fishing or project.....hmmmmmm..u know my vote  ;D

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2010, 04:08 PM »
 Were in for both days! I'll send you a PM and well go from there.

Matt

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:26 PM »
 Went to Argyle Sunday morning and it was like dad always said " I walked to school up hill both ways!" The walk was long and hilly. The fishing was worse! Water was dirty and it looked like there had only been a couple people out on it this season. Has anybody ever fished this place during the ice and ever had any luck?

Offline prayforice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:21 PM »
hahaha the walk...dont even get me started..like I said matt..no longer will I be willing to go to spots I am unsure..gonna stick to my lakes

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.