Author Topic: Anyone care to join us ?  (Read 5355 times)

Offline BIGBADJOHN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone care to join us ?
« on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:58 PM »
Feb 6th 2010 on Gull Lake , Brownlows Landing. Below you will find a map of directions and a list of members who have said they will attend thus far. It will be a pot luck lunch for all attending a food list will be posted in due time. Anyone wishing to bring something please post along with your intentions to attend , I will update attendance and food list from time to time along the way. I believe myself and a few other members are looking to get some accommodations and spend the night with a few cold ones , a few cigars and maybe a game of pokers as well , I am sure there will be a few tall tales about the one that got away. We are looking for a cabin of some sort any information on such would be great. Then we can fish the Sunday as well. Hope to see you all out there.....

This is A Thread from The AlbertaOutdoorsmen group , wondering if any of the Fine folk from Ice Shanty would like to come along . Heres a link to the Thread there .

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=49528
I DONT FISH FOR A LIVING I LIVE TO FISH

Rest In Peace My friend and Grandfather . See you on the lake someday . 11 -20-1924 11-29-2009

[img width=257 height=80]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/teamalberta.g

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
Re: Anyone care to join us ?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:21 PM »
I'll come out

Offline BIGBADJOHN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2010, 02:54 PM »
I'll come out
Right on . Will be good to meet ya . I think ill be bringin the Quad so I dont gotta drive on and that way I can grab my rod and auger and cruise around .

Rest In Peace My friend and Grandfather . See you on the lake someday . 11 -20-1924 11-29-2009

[img width=257 height=80]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/teamalberta.g

Offline jts1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 04:49 PM »
Great idea I never thought of posting on here "Cant be good looking and smart"...

I started this thread on AOF , it s the 6th gathering or so I have had the pleasure of getting started they are always a good time. Please feel free to add your names to the list. Some of us are looking at spending the night and fishing again the next day that is an open invite as well. All the info you will need is posted there. Hope to see some of you out there.
Jeff St Germain<br /> [email protected]

Offline BIGBADJOHN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Only 2 weeks away , hope the weather is good , Im kind of excited , I hear Gull is fishing quite well with some monsters this year .

Offline fishhunter77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2010, 11:26 PM »
BBJ,

I will be out there with a few buds from Ice Shanty and AB Outdoorsman.  Looking forward to meeting the guys. :)

Offline fishhunter77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2010, 11:34 PM »
JFK,

Can you make this?  ???  Looks like a great time.  You can scout it for us before the trip. ;D

Offline JFK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Sounds like fun, would love to meet some fellow fisher-people. :)
Fish On :tipup:
Jack Fish Ken

Offline tchow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2010, 01:26 AM »
I'll come out

Planning to be there Sat. Wanna meet up and fish?

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2010, 04:47 PM »
This sounds like fun.
Not working for 2.5 years because of a bad back is taking it's effect on my bank roll...but hey,my fishing skills are much better :}

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2010, 04:57 PM »
BigBadJohn,Bring one of those pike rigs u sent me a picture of.
Not working for 2.5 years because of a bad back is taking it's effect on my bank roll...but hey,my fishing skills are much better :}

Offline BIGBADJOHN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:00 PM »
BigBadJohn,Bring one of those pike rigs u sent me a picture of.

Thats my plan Your not the only one who wants to see them in action . I should call it Demo day LOL Then use it an expense :D . Warren I also have a new one I built , With Willow leaf .

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:30 PM »
That sounds great BBJ.

I will be staying in Red Deer the night before.How far is Gull Lake from Red Deer....Been awhile since i fished Gull...probably 7 years.I know it's not to far.

Offline BigJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:31 PM »
Brownlows is straight west of Lacombe on the Bentley highway.  Should probably take you 20-30 mins to get there from Red Deer.  If you can grab a hotel/motel in Lacombe/Bentley you'll be even closer.

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:40 PM »
I'm staying at Rendi's(my soon to be wife) Aunt and Uncle's that night...One of the conditions i had to agree to for this trip....

Ps...Rendi says she is going to out fish u Jay...For some reason,I don't believe her.

Offline BigJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2010, 04:45 PM »
I'm staying at Rendi's(my soon to be wife) Aunt and Uncle's that night...One of the conditions i had to agree to for this trip....

Ps...Rendi says she is going to out fish u Jay...For some reason,I don't believe her.

She's gonna have to get out of the truck to do that so I'm safe. ;)

In my experience Gull isn't a real tip-up friendly lake.. lots of days without a single flag yet good numbers of fish coming out while jigging.  There's some monster pike around that can challenge the Wabamun guns though.  The biggest pike I hit there was 14 lbs (I saw bigger too).  I had to nurse that pike into biting for about 15 minutes.   Twitch/lift/twitch/drop/swim/twitch as he slowly edged closer and closer at about 1 inch per minute.. finally he was teased into submission.

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:04 PM »
I will probably just set up  2 tip ups and B.S with everyone...I don't have a tent,hopefully be nice out.

It was pretty cold the day we went Jay.She hates the cold haha!!As u can tell.

Offline BigJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:23 PM »
I will probably just set up  2 tip ups and B.S with everyone...I don't have a tent,hopefully be nice out.

It was pretty cold the day we went Jay.She hates the cold haha!!As u can tell.

Tell everyone BigJay says hi - I'll be in my tent working hard to ensure I outfish your wife.   ;D

Offline Dougie55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Will be good to see you out there Warren.. We never did get together on Isle...

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:49 PM »
I'm looking forward to meeting alot of people from this site.

Dougie we can still hit Isle up whenever u want..I totally forgot about that.

Offline Dougie55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:53 PM »
You bet guy.. Have only been out there once this year, as I sold the place we had. Will have to get together some time.. Hopefully my new IceGator will be here  soon to try...

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:01 PM »
You bet guy.. Have only been out there once this year, as I sold the place we had. Will have to get together some time.. Hopefully my new IceGator will be here  soon to try...

Damn, you still haven't recieved your gator Dougie, that really sucks.  When did you order yours anyways?  Your really gonna like it when it gets to you.  Depending on what your pairing it up with, it just kicks ass.  So nice not having to try and start a gas jobbie, thats for sure. 

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:21 PM »
The Gators can really chew through the ice too.

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 25, 2010, 05:34 PM »
Yes they sure can...:D

Offline ryanlookingforperch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:01 PM »
Love the gator.....too bad I need a new truck to get it to a lake....Grrr!!

LOL.....Good luck!!

Cheers!!
“The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of that which is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope”

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2010, 06:20 PM »
looks like it will be great weather wise.I might see u guys out there!

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Is this event still happening BBJ?

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 02, 2010, 11:43 AM »
Still a go as far as I have seen on the AO board.  I was gonna try and make it out, but it looks like I'll be taking the kids to hockey games insted...

Offline BigJay

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:27 PM »
I think it's still on.  There's a good chance I won't be fishing near the group/zoo. :)  If you're heading out, warren, shoot me a PM and I'll let you know where I"ll be .. it's in the vicinity of Brownlows in any case.

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2010, 03:40 PM »
It's still a go accrding to A.O...I'll be done there forsure.I'll shoot u a message now Jay.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.