Author Topic: Team CT hits the Cove again!  (Read 3508 times)

Trooper Bri

Team CT hits the Cove again!
« on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:11 PM »
A big thanks to everyone who stopped by the cove to fish and visit today! And a bigger thanks to Gary and Blaine from Connecticut Outfitters for making this event better than last year!!! They supplied bait, prizes for the top 3 fish, and made good on their offer of 100 BUCKS to the first person to ice a walleye!

The rumors are true, there are walleye in the cove! Kapt and I are already plotting a night after work to give it a shot.

Blaine has a sunken boat marked on GPS, and that's where we set up base camp. By 7AM we were punching holes and setting tipups. We were rewarded with a flurry of flags, which resulted in a bunch of perch and crappie. It didn't take long at all to get some fish on the scoreboard. An hour later the bite died, never to really return. Both Blaine and Spanky lost a couple large fish, which left the base camp crew out of the competition soon after.

A 4lb largie was brought in to take the top spot after our bite died. Followed by a few other fish here and there.
No pike were brought to us, so 1'st place went to this monster! 20lbs and 36"!!

Had a great time meeting new faces and fishing with the IceShanty CT crew, along with some old friends from CTF. Got to see the $3500 ice sled in person, get my fix with the ice saw, and catch fish. Was hoping to get some on Tipasaurus, oh well.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Team CT hits the Cove again!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:35 PM »
Nice to see someone collect on the bounty, and a nice looking fish too. It was the first time on the cove for me but I'm sure it won't be my last. Had other commitments in the afternoon but the am action was good with a few nice crappie and 2 perch. The guys next to me got spooled by a good fish and the crew on the other side had a good run off too.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:43 PM »
Here are a few random pics:

Tipasaurus Rex

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:48 PM »
great pictures, keep em coming

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:01 PM »
Damn, just typed up a nice post and my log in timed out  :'(.

Short and sweet. Nice seeing a bunch of the CTF crowd again and hanging out. Pleasure meeting a few of the Shanty Clan.
Largefry and I arrived at 11:00 and set up on the drop off west of Shanty city. Steady action with calicos, perch,and spot tails on the jiggin' rods. The tilts pretty much just soaked in the muddy water.

Nice walleye, they do exist in the cove  :o :o.

Lots of laughs as expected.

Offline camoatv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:37 PM »
look like every buddy had a nice time ill try to make it next year nice fish guys :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2010, 07:56 AM »
Thanks to Trooper Bri and CT Outfitters!!, I had a great time, it was good to put faces to the names and get to know some people a little. You guys have a great crew. Thanks to Spanky and Blaine for Flashers 101. I was not that sure about them, but now I'm sold!  Its moved to the top of the list.

Hawk

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2010, 08:19 AM »
Guys, I created a little slide show from some of the pictures I took yesterday... Hope you like it! 1-17-10 Ice Shanty slide show

Offline chester

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:28 AM »
Looks like a great time.  Ice fishing at it's finest....

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:41 AM »
Guys, I created a little slide show from some of the pictures I took yesterday... Hope you like it! 1-17-10 Ice Shanty slide show

Very cool Blaine.. nice to see the eye come out of the cove!! wish we where there.. :(  maybe next season....Bob..

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2010, 12:01 PM »
Looks like a great time, guys. Wish I could have made it, we were driving past you guys on 91 did you hear us on the horn ?   ;D

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:32 PM »
LOL... Which one??? There were people honking all day!  ;D

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Awesome job on the slide show Blaine perfect sound track for it  (i cranked it right up)

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:02 PM »
nice job on the slide show. and i agree with atv thats a great song.

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:15 PM »
Excellent Slide Show Capt.. The fade in/ out really gives it some action :thumbsup:.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Top shelf slide show Blaine!

Kapt really is keyed in on the Frabill Headquarters. That kind of surprised me.
I was impressed with your Humminbird flasher (nevermind the other one ;) ). The fiber optic indicator on it versus the direct LED makes for a smoother display.

My Marcum was giving me grief yesterday. The current and relatively shallow depth kept me from seeing my bait and hook on my tipups.

I take back everything bad I said about the structure we were over last year. I dropped Kapt's Aqua-Vu down a couple holes and verified we were parked right on the sunken boat yesterday. Must be one of those haunted sunken pirate boats that no fish dare occupy. Yaarrrrrrrrr!!  :P

Here's 2 of Blaine's pics from his last post that got dropped due to botched code.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:13 PM »
I take back everything bad I said about the structure we were over last year. I dropped Kapt's Aqua-Vu down a couple holes and verified we were parked right on the sunken boat yesterday. Must be one of those haunted sunken pirate boats that no fish dare occupy. Yaarrrrrrrrr!!  :P

That $3500 ice sled doesn't seem so rediculous now, does it. Every time I've deployed her, she's put me on the money with the first hole drilled  ;D

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Excellent slide show Blaine!

Thanks for organizing this Bri, and CT Outfitters for sponsoring the event.

It was great meeting some of the IceShanty gang. Hopefully we'll be running into you guys on the ice.

Frank
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline LargeFry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2010, 10:04 PM »
I had a good time yesterday. It was good to see plenty of familiar faces from Ctf along with meeting some new ones from Iceshanty. As Paul said we were able to find some late morning fish off in our own corner of the cove. We couldn't help but notice that carp being run across the ice, as far away as that thing was it looked huge. But the highlight had to be the walleye, between seeing it and seeing everyones faces, it was quite a moment. Thanks Bri for getting this together, and thanks to CTO for sponsoring! I'll be looking forward to next year, I'll have to concentrate on a little less fishing and a little more socializing!

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:16 AM »
Nice to see everyone again!
Again , thanks to Trooper Bri And CT Outfitters.

Great slide show Blaine.

Offline mistermarty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:10 PM »
We had a great time Sunday...Many thanks to you guys for putting the day together...thanks to atvjumpers for cuttin us some holes and feeding us hotdogs and to SinkHer and his buddy for the Knoxworths (SP)... it was good to see some fish, and my young friends first ever ice fishing trip, he did bring a small perch to the surface (lost it at the hole) ... he plans to join me next saturday on Highland lake.

It was a great day...thanks all

Offline big game hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2010, 03:27 PM »
i take it you released the carp, and what did u catch him on. bread? small shiner?
Lets Go Fishing

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
« Reply #22 on: Jan 21, 2010, 03:45 PM »
no problem marty

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 21, 2010, 04:00 PM »
i take it you released the carp, and what did u catch him on. bread? small shiner?

Absolutey!

Offline jetboat185

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:09 PM »
thanks to ct outfitters! and ice shanty!! awesome time, the carp was caught on tip up w/shiner,released for another day!! ;D

Offline mongosmash

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:19 PM »
thanks to ct outfitters! and ice shanty!! awesome time, the carp was caught on tip up w/shiner,released for another day!! ;D
WOW and way to go. nice job on that pig of a fish

Offline big game hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON!!!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 22, 2010, 09:56 AM »
sweet... i love all fish and especially carp and hate to see when people kill them...i have caught no carp ice fishimg but alot on small shiners(like that one) and on bread.

has anyone tried ivory soap through the ice? i use in the summer for the channels while carp fishing in the summer but havent got aroung to trying it in the winter yet.
Lets Go Fishing

Offline big game hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH ON!!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:03 PM »
went to the cove today for the first time this year...ended up with two pike cutting the line and these are the highlights...all fish were released....

....4.5-5lbs
Lets Go Fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.