Author Topic: a love gone wrong  (Read 776 times)

Offline ICE KID

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got perch?
a love gone wrong
« on: Jan 16, 2010, 02:41 PM »
my recently purchased showdown stb, the up button wouldn't work, less than 10 hours I'v had on this thing while on the ice, any way, I'm wondering, if I can, weather I should give  the showdown another shot because I really like it, or if I should go with some thing different, my other ideas were LX3, HB ICE45, or x67c I really don't want to spend over $400. also, do you think I could even get my money back, I bought it at the syracuse ice show from thorne bros, are they good about returns, it's about 10 days past a month, :'(
give me 5 good reasons to head home and I'll pretend to consider it.

Offline phesant

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: a love gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2010, 06:58 PM »
Their is a year warrenty on contact the showdown web site tell them what happened and they'll help you out.
If you like then why change.... I have one and love it....JMTC

Offline ICE KID

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • got perch?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:37 PM »
going out 3 times and having a vital part of the unit fail leaves a bad taste in your mouth that's hard to get rid of, if the transducer arm broke, i'd say okay, it's built cheap so whatever, but the unit it self break, that's hard to get over. I doubt the showdown company would give me a refund if I asked for 1, they would probably just fix mine and send it back.
give me 5 good reasons to head home and I'll pretend to consider it.

Offline ohiogreg

• IceShanty Rookie
Bummer
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2010, 05:28 AM »
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I just tried my new toy out this afternoon (Marcum VX-1)after finally getting off the fence to purchase my first flasher. I would have been bummed as well if it would have given me problems. Hope you get some satisfaction from the manufacturer.

Offline tundraman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2010, 06:16 AM »
Alot of people hammer on vexilar, but my dad has a fl-8 thats almost 20 years old and it still works as good as the day he bought it. (thats time tested in my book)
I say its a hobby, my wife says its a sickness!

Offline Bareback Jack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2010, 10:16 PM »
That sucks. I just sank close to 500 bucks in electronics. If something would have broke I would have flipped.
I bought the ice 55 at cabelas for 384. Used it 10 hrs today worked awesome.
BBJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.