The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: .  (Read 1416 times)

Offline VTFishBio

• IceShanty Rookie
« on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:06 AM »

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • When the going is tough. The tough go ice fishing!
Re: Alewife found in Lake Carmi
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Well this is not a good thing.

I hope this raises alarm at the wildlife dept. so that they may be able to establish more of a presence on the lakes in the winter and patrol and check what anglers are using for bait.

I get a bit disappointed that as a state they go through all the pains of setting up bait regulations, but neglect to monitor the very waterways they want to protect. 

In the past 25 years of fishing in VT the presence of game wardens has been almost non existent on every body of water I have fished.  Used to be I would get checked twice a day.  It does not bother me to be checked up on as I follow the laws.....I want to see good fishing for my kids, grandkids and great grandkids, etc.

Hope the situation is not a dire one.

The closest flag up may be the one that is behind you !

Offline tench

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Man that sucks!
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
~John Buchan

Offline grasspikerel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2010, 01:10 PM »
Wow, in the past few years bowfin, largemouth and alewife have all been introduced to Carmi.  Some people really have something against a decent walleye fishery.  It would be nice to see someone lose their fishing license and pay a very big fine for this one.  Very annoying news.   

Offline BCinVT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2010, 03:53 AM »
Doesn't mean they were introduced during icefishing.Could of been brought in any time.I've fished Carmi quite a bit the last couple of years,and have been checked a few times and seen state guys there  quite a bit.As with everything else,you have to few people to do too much stuff.Just have to wait and see how bad the problem will be.Good Fishin'
Anyday you can be in the woods,on the water,or on the ice is a GREAT DAY

Offline mempfree

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:36 PM »
I saw a ice fisherman, on Magog, who caught a white perch, yesterday.  He showed me, and friends, who were fishing that day.  So, someone, from Lake Champlain, brought some Alewife, to Lake Carmi?  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.