Author Topic: 0-2 at chalet beach  (Read 1663 times)

Offline churchill

• IceShanty Rookie
0-2 at chalet beach
« on: Jan 15, 2010, 08:49 AM »
Hey all
I have been out to chalet beach twice so far this season once on saturday and once yesterday evening(thursday) and have yet to catch a fish this year? I have been trying all colors of jigs with minnows.

Any suggestions on what to try would be greatly appreciated?

Offline live.2.fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing= LIFE!!
Re: 0-2 at chalet beach
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:09 AM »
hey i have been out there about 4 or five times this year and we have had luck using a sweedish pimple with buck shot i have had a bit more luck on my lucky glow in the dark pimple and salties but any sliver gold spoon will work

Good luck!

Offline KIWICO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:12 AM »
Hey Churchill, how was the driving on? Pretty smooth or is the ice moving there and heaving up?
Gone Fishin'....be back dark-thirty!

Offline live.2.fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing= LIFE!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:17 AM »
The driving is fine theres acouple pressure ridges but there fine the beginnig is pretty rough there was 3 or four snow drifts that some ppl got stuck on but if u have a 4X4 u will be fine

Offline KIWICO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:26 AM »
i wonder if the warner access is better?  :-\
Gone Fishin'....be back dark-thirty!

Offline churchill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:51 AM »
Yea it is a little bumpy and heaving up a little bit but I made it with a ford escape (suv) yesterday.

thanks for the Info live.2.fish

what depth are you fishing?

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2010, 10:54 AM »
The driving is fine theres acouple pressure ridges but there fine the beginnig is pretty rough there was 3 or four snow drifts that some ppl got stuck on but if u have a 4X4 u will be fine
We saw a mini van out there yesterday morning. He was just weaving around any heavy hard drifts as bare ice is visible all over the place. Pressure heave witin a mile of CBR was no issue as well. :)

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline live.2.fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing= LIFE!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2010, 01:43 PM »
Well have a fished different depths i find the best luck is within 12 to 15 feet we tried at 6 and we only caught like 3 little saugers.

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2010, 07:09 AM »
We saw a mini van out there yesterday morning. He was just weaving around any heavy hard drifts as bare ice is visible all over the place. Pressure heave witin a mile of CBR was no issue as well. :)

FF
How did you make out.....enough to feed the wolves  ???  ;)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 11:01 AM »
How did you make out.....enough to feed the wolves  ???  ;)
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Hey blue...not quite enough to feed the crew :(. Had to suppliment with a couple pounds from the fish monger. So far this season ALL of the walleye we have caught have been small male fish...with the exception of the master landed the other afternoon. I would bet my first born it was a female ;D

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline juliusrucki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Hey all
I have been out to chalet beach twice so far this season once on saturday and once yesterday evening(thursday) and have yet to catch a fish this year? I have been trying all colors of jigs with minnows.

Any suggestions on what to try would be greatly appreciated?

3 of us went yesterday andfished just west of the mouth in about 13 ft of water,we caught 16 and kept 3wallies(16,17,19)and released 1-26",1-25",and a whole whack of saugers.We all were using either thumper jigs or glo jigs.There seemed to be a bite at 8 to 10am another at around 2to4:30ish.My son's buddy fought one for 5 to 10 minutes but it would not turn into the hole and before we could get it close enough to even see it,it got off.whatever it was it had to be BIG!!!!!.salties seem to work the best,good ones available at cabelas.hope this helps u!    Good luck and tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.