The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Your Mom's Not On The Ice...  (Read 2848 times)

Offline Beer Baron

• IceShanty Rookie
Your Mom's Not On The Ice...
« on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:19 PM »
How about you moron's who leave garbage all the ice try taking it off next time. Also thanks for the teachable moment, I can teach my kids how not to act in the outdoors. Pretty sad to walk off a lake having to explain to a 7 & 8 year old why people trash the place.

Offline DamYankee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Your Mom's Not On The Ice...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:23 PM »
You're correct there are many morons out there, unfortunately (or fortunately however you want to see it) the vast majority of people who will be reading on this forum do pick up their trash and that of many others. 
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline Beer Baron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:26 PM »
You're correct there are many morons out there, unfortunately (or fortunately however you want to see it) the vast majority of people who will be reading on this forum do pick up their trash and that of many others. 
Your right, just venting. Just ticks me off. Especially when you see a guy skidding a sled off the ice. Is there no room for your coffee cups and snack wrappers. Sorry Just P!$$&d off at the moment.

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:31 PM »

with that being said lets make this a how-to and or how not-to topic.....I am a smoker but i have a designated can where all my butts go!.....and the trash goes into the jet-sed then disposed of at home.

Offline DamYankee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:35 PM »
My kids (7 and 4) have been ice fishing and softwater fishing with me since they could walk.  Whether it's summer or winter we always bring a plastic bag (small ones you get at grocery store) and before we go home it's everyone's job to find one piece of trash to put in bag and bring home to throw away.  The kids get into it and you'ld be surprised how quick and easy it is
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline Beer Baron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:37 PM »
My kids (7 and 4) have been ice fishing and softwater fishing with me since they could walk.  Whether it's summer or winter we always bring a plastic bag (small ones you get at grocery store) and before we go home it's everyone's job to find one piece of trash to put in bag and bring home to throw away.  The kids get into it and you'ld be surprised how quick and easy it is
Rock On!!!  Great idea, Thanks.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:37 PM »
How about you moron's who leave garbage all the ice try taking it off next time. Also thanks for the teachable moment, I can teach my kids how not to act in the outdoors. Pretty sad to walk off a lake having to explain to a 7 & 8 year old why people trash the place.
:clap:

Offline DamYankee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:38 PM »
forgot to mention- it's got to be trash other than what we made ourselves
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline chfishon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over i will ice fish there to...
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2010, 02:40 PM »
i agree that is one thing that really ticks me off :%$#!:
FISH ON

Offline Crappiekiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:38 PM »
I always take a small plastic bag with me for trash. After a while it just becomes a habbit.  It really makes you wonder what these idiots  houses look like on the inside.

Offline mbrooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If it swims I want to catch it
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Found my share this year as well. >:( Can't understand the mentality of some people. I would love to see a few dnr out on the ice. They could make a fortune with all the literers, let alone any other violations.
[IMG]

Offline chadbob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:58 PM »
The lake association on the lake I live on has cabled off the drive to the club house as to many people were parking there, fishing on the lake, non member of course, and leaving there litter everywhere, on the ice, and on the grounds of the club house. I guess you can't fix stupid.
WHY ARE US MICHIGAN GUYS STILL ON THIS SITE, WE KNOW WHERE THE REAL INFORMATION IS

Offline SLABSLAMMER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:11 PM »
Had a guy on one of the lakes i fish leave his garabage on ice seen him do it 2 days in a row, pop bottles,bait containers,jerky wrappers,chew cans , propane bottles,etc. so i picked it all up,picked up my dogs poop for a week put it in a bag , next time i seen his truck at lake i dumped in the back of his truck, left a note on his truck that said " You leave your s#$t where I fish I'll leave some S$#T for you !"  never seen him leave s$$T on ice after that !!! 

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2010, 05:17 PM »
The pigs ruin it for everyone. Passage across private property is almost non existant.

We have an area on our private road where the ice fisherman have always parked. When I was walking my dogs they became very interested in the garbage left behind. Time to be the bad guy. I went out on the ice where they were all fishing and explained if there was ANY garbage left on the lake or where you park or anywhere in between, No one will park here ever again. Clear? It's been pretty clean since.
Bruster

Offline specialK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:11 PM »

I agree 100% Baron!  Are you seeing this on a local lake?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:27 PM »
picked a couple beer bottles and those used pocket warmers today.its pathetic and its never gonna stop.

Offline serchn4monsterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 14, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Had a guy on one of the lakes i fish leave his garabage on ice seen him do it 2 days in a row, pop bottles,bait containers,jerky wrappers,chew cans , propane bottles,etc. so i picked it all up,picked up my dogs poop for a week put it in a bag , next time i seen his truck at lake i dumped in the back of his truck, left a note on his truck that said " You leave your s#$t where I fish I'll leave some S$#T for you !"  never seen him leave s$$T on ice after that !!! 
that is great, it's people like that, that ruin it for all of us

Offline Beer Baron

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 14, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I agree 100% Baron!  Are you seeing this on a local lake?
Thornapple & Carter lakes in Barry County. Busch light cans strewn down the Carter public access drive the other day. My kids & I stopped to clean up on way out. One of the near by lake residents happened by at the same time walking his dog. He had genuine appreciation for us helping to keep the place clean. If we leave the areas in disarray it makes us look like a bunch of hickerbillys. He said he hauled out two garbage bags of junk from access last year post season. People do appreciate our efforts. keep it up, keep it clean

Offline TK81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Thornapple & Carter lakes in Barry County. Busch light cans strewn down the Carter public access drive the other day. My kids & I stopped to clean up on way out. One of the near by lake residents happened by at the same time walking his dog. He had genuine appreciation for us helping to keep the place clean. If we leave the areas in disarray it makes us look like a bunch of hickerbillys. He said he hauled out two garbage bags of junk from access last year post season. People do appreciate our efforts. keep it up, keep it clean
Seen it on that little lake down the road from where you used to live SpecialK.  Not this year as I haven't been out there yet, but I filled a plastic grocery sack a couple times last year and the year before.  Worse thing is that it is the locals that we went to school with.  Same thing going on this year on the lake I fish up here.  Feel sorry the property owners.  If you see people doing it, call them out.

Offline solman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM MICHIGAN
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Saw a bunch on used prophylactics at the launch today.  I feel bad for not picking them up now.  I'll get them if there still there tomorrow.

Hazmat, can I borrow your suit?

:-\

Offline fishnutt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ya Lookin For Me
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Might have one better that that. Went to local lake in N.E IN sunday night did pretty well so I went back on Tuesday and some body did a #2 and left his napkens laying on the ice. That just sucks you cant pack up and get to restroom.
Filet & Release

Offline Rumrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Awwwww, go for it.
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2010, 11:44 PM »
See, I bring a coffee can out for that...LOL

If I see guys leaving, and there is trash where they were, Ill yell at them "you forgot something!!". They normally go back and clean it up...

M.I.R.C. 

Offline Fabner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 15, 2010, 05:30 AM »
This is a little off point but last night when I went out on the ice there was a small pile of snow with a stick up in the middle right where everyone had to walk by.  I said to myself "what the...",  There was a key to a Ford vehicle hanging from the stick.  Someone had found it in the lot and put it there in hope of the owner coming back.  Not a bad idea.  So everyone isn't a jerk.  ;)

Litter really ticks me off. >:(
Gopher Everett?

We thought you was a toad.

A man ain't no kind of man unless he's got land.

We've got to R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Loved Up,  Almost

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Jan 15, 2010, 12:00 PM »
I wish litter was only a Michigan thing. Sorry, we have to deal with it here in Indiana too. A few years back while fishing in the UP we came upon a place where some people had had a party - beer cans everywhere. I would like to thank those people for littering - they paid for my bait that day.

Just last week my son and I were coming off the ice and someone had left a 1lb bottle of propane. I told my son to pick it up and toss it in the back of the truck. He then told me that it "felt heavy." Sure enough, an almost full bottle.

I have noticed that when you pick up some trash, people notice that too. It can go a long way to keeping things open.

Offline troutaddict33

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2010, 09:25 AM »
i found a pile of poop with used toilet paper next to it last friday... i usually will pick garbage up, but not that time

Offline stagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:21 AM »
Glad to see the mention about cigarette butts.  Apparently, most smokers don't consider the butts trash.  I find them all over the ice and then in the spring they wash up on the beach.   :(

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 19, 2010, 11:58 AM »
ahh dang...... You musta found my empty 30 i left on the ice........ Wanna return those cans and hand the deposit back to me please??

PICK UP YOUR CRAP! 

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:29 PM »
See, I bring a coffee can out for that...LOL

If I see guys leaving, and there is trash where they were, Ill yell at them "you forgot something!!". They normally go back and clean it up...

what ever happened to that coffee can last weekend? :whistle:

Offline icecanada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:34 PM »
One of the easiest things to do is to clean up after yourself. We all love the outdoors and clean waters to fish in. Where do you think all that garbage goes after the snow melts. Seen buddies littering off boats and on the ice and I always call them out on it.
PICK UP YOUR TRASH

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:39 PM »
what ever you take out with you  please take back with you donot leave for some one else to pickup

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.