Author Topic: Long lake Willow  (Read 3769 times)

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Long lake Willow
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Has anybody fished long this year?  I fished the north end of the lake a few weeks ago and only caught 2 small pike.  Was thinking of trying around the island across from the public access unless someone has a better suggestion.  I'll be staying in Willow for the next few days so if anyone else is out there PM me and mabey we could hook up and combine efforts.
I was born an Alaskan I just didn't live here at the time.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Long lake Willow
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:01 AM »
We were thinking of hitting Lynne lake tomorrow and then sadle up the machines for a trip into the unknown for thurs.  I'll save Long for fri.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Curious how you did on Long Lake ?

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:48 PM »
Well it was kind of depressing.  I parked at the public access and hauled straight across to the island punched a bunch of holes and all I found was rock.  I was looking for a weed line but couldn't find it.  So I walked back across the lake and punched a bunch of holes in the bay to the left of the access.  Once again all I found was rock and no weed line.  So I counted my losses and went to my usual spot on the north end of the lake and managed one small pike.  It looks like more people have been spearing on the north end I counted at least 5 marked holes.  I haven't given up hope on long yet there are big pike in that lake.  I hope to get out there next week mabey for an over nighter.  I'll fish the north end but I think I'll try the other side.

Offline Akhardwater

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2010, 11:56 PM »
O by the way we fished lynne lake and red shirt.  Got skunked on red shirt but did manage a few char and a nice bow on lynne.  Access on lynne was a little precarious.  I'm guessing it is a dirt road in summer but in winter its just a narrow snow machine trail. The snow wasn't deep so we made it to the lake but I would be cautious if it snows.  The walk in to the lake from the main road would be perty nasty I would advise against the walk its not worth it.

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:12 AM »
Thanks for the info...GREATLY appreciated.

Offline TnT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2010, 09:32 PM »
Well it was kind of depressing.  I parked at the public access and hauled straight across to the island punched a bunch of holes and all I found was rock.  I was looking for a weed line but couldn't find it.  So I walked back across the lake and punched a bunch of holes in the bay to the left of the access.  Once again all I found was rock and no weed line.  So I counted my losses and went to my usual spot on the north end of the lake and managed one small pike.  It looks like more people have been spearing on the north end I counted at least 5 marked holes.  I haven't given up hope on long yet there are big pike in that lake.  I hope to get out there next week mabey for an over nighter.  I'll fish the north end but I think I'll try the other side.

I was spearing on Long around X-mas and didn't see anything. I was spearing just off the island in about 10 feet of water. I want to get back there and spear again because it doesn't look like it gets much fishing pressure. There has to be some nice fish in it.

Offline BuschWhacker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Here fishy ...fishy..."
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2010, 12:05 AM »
 Set up the darkhouse on Long yesterday, set up in one of my favorite spots.  Saw one five minutes after I started, dinker, blew threw 90mph, missed the deke, never stopped, never turned back, never saw him again.  That was it.  Wanted to try a new spot, but I was on foot, snow was deep and I'm too old to drag all my shyte by tobbagon that far anymore.  My auger was also acting up, so I didn't get a chance to set any flags.  I'm thinkin' there's still some good ones in there, haven't given up yet.
\"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy\"___Benjamin Franklin
Fish each time as though it were your last...for one time, it will be.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.