Author Topic: Jiffy Ice Auger question  (Read 1509 times)

Offline oak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jiffy Ice Auger question
« on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:18 AM »
Anybody out there running a Jiffy 3 hp Legend? After two years I finally got mine running well I drilled fifteen holes in the lake non stop very happy, but today I found out I put in the spark plug that the 2hp calls for. Now I can't find the right number of the plug I should be using. So I am reaching out to anyone who might have the right plug name and number I should be using.

Thanks

"oak"
"oak"

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Jiffy Ice Auger question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Good to see you back on the boards oak :)

I bought a tune up kit at KTP for my 3HP jiffy  and it came with a auto lite 255

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 08:36 AM »
I just looked at the plug that origanaly came with the auger new and it was a champion RJ17LM

Offline oak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:00 AM »
Yes the plug that came with mine was also a Champion 17LM all the Jiffy sites say to use Autolite, and I know the LM stands for lawn mower on the Champion but that is the plug number I have been using because it came with the Jiffy. What a difference when I got the new plug a guy at Nappa was helping me find the right one. But I now know it is for a 2hp even though it runs great with this plug I don't want any surprises out on the ice. Thanks for the autolite number I will make a couple calls and see if anyone in the area has it in stock. I know Fox Ridge has one on the shelf with a small bottle of 2cy jiffy oil for 15 dollars. That's a bit steep. I'm not cheap just don't like getting hosed.

P.S.
Good to see you on here again too.
"oak"

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010, 05:46 PM »
if its running good i'd keep the one thats in it as long as the dementions are the same..

Offline huntr-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:16 PM »
champion cj8 for the 3hp jiffy
There must be a twelve step program for this

Offline luvtrout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:34 PM »
I also use the delco spark plug, also steel synthetic oil @ 50:1 the auger has never run better. The nice thing about the steel oil is that is has stabilizer in it and its like $3 for a gallons worth.

Offline oak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010, 06:48 PM »
if its running good i'd keep the one thats in it as long as the dementions are the same..

I would keep the one that I have in it now, but I am not sure if the heat range might be wrong. I want it to keep running as well as it is now. But I do feel the same way you do.
"oak"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.