Author Topic: Frabill refuge cabin shelter  (Read 5603 times)

Offline wyofly99

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabill refuge cabin shelter
« on: Jan 11, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Looking at getting one of these what does everyone else think of them?

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill refuge cabin shelter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2010, 08:26 AM »
I have one and I love it. It fits 2 people nicely, and  I am only 5 foot 7, so I can stand up in it. The comparable Clam 2000 I cannot.

It sets up nicely and the fact it weighs 44 lbs and can fit in my cars backseat are the main reasons I bought mine.

I thought the windows were hazy/cloudy on it, but after being inside my house they cleared up.

I highly recommend them, and if you can find a store that price matches, Reeds has them in their catalog for $199, so take that in and see if your store will match

Offline Bill Collector Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The ice doesn't melt, it cries!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I've got the Hideout (the non folding prior version) and its a good size for two guys jigging or at worst three guys tipp up drinking and one guy jigging!

-Bob

Offline C-Bisket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' - it's what I useta do! "A LOT"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:31 PM »
I know it’s been two weeks since this posted question - but for what it’s worth with this late of a response - I grabbed a Frabill Refuge this year first ice (formally had a 8’x8’ permanent for 15 years) my experience with this Refuge has been great - stand up in it no problem’o (and I’m 6’) clear view all the way around (window each side) non slip floor - zippers seem good - goes up and down in literally 3 -4 minutes max ... I use a little 2850btu heater in it on medium, plenty of heat - if I ran the thing on max it would blow you right out of there - 16oz bottle last ¾ to a full day out ... it fits two big guys in chairs with arms - heater in front of you between the holes no problem with the little propane tank flip-out base that comes with the heater - room for a 5 gal. bucket between the two chairs tucked up like a end table and room under the chairs for storage ... I added a net type organizer (2’ x 3’) with pouches to keep things off the floor and hold a radio hanging by wire from the roof support poles against the back wall (a must IMO) ... this little beauty is light as heck and flips up in a breeze (literally with practice) ... I grabbed it from Gander Mountain about a month ago for $202 complete - tax / delivered using a promo code GANDER15 ... for 200 smakers - come’on ... I've spent twice that on rod real combos many - many times over the years - LOTS and LOTS .... this portable is a no brainer if you spend even 3 -4 times on the ice a season - it looks like it might even handle a few years of abuse in IMO (time will tell) - I’m sure I’ll get 20 runs out of it this year without issue - 3 so far - six weeks to go ... for the money - get it ... and if you’re worried about it (with the price at it is) get two - just in case you get a bad one! (kidding, inside joke - seems I always get two of everything regardless, and that’s how I justify it)- even this far into the season with 6 weeks left ... you won’t regret it !!!
***** USETA *****
Useta Fish a Lot
Useta Have No Problem With The Freezing Temps
Useta Catch a Lot of Fish
Useta Get Out No Matter What
Useta Blaze The Trail
Useta Cook / Eat Fish Once a Week
Useta Be a Regular Out There
*Still Fish Now and Then, But - Nothing Like I USETA *

Fishing, It's been like robbing banks for 40 years, and getting away with it - now's that time when I give it "ALL" back! - it's very redeeming!

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2010, 11:30 PM »
I agree C Bisket- best house I have ever owned.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.