Author Topic: Touchwood Info  (Read 714 times)

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Touchwood Info
« on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Heading out to touchwood lake this weekend, I have never fished it so don't know the lake at all....
Just wondering if any one has general info they could share or if anyone has been out there this season and can tell me what the access and ice conditions are like! Any info would be greatly appreciated... not asking for your secret hot spot, just asking to help point me in the right direction. If any one else is heading out there Saturday it would be nice to know.... really would like to meet some more of the nice people here!

OK happy fishing this weekend it sounds like its gonna be nice out.... and thanks for the help again!

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
Re: Touchwood Info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2010, 01:53 PM »
Did you maker to Touchwood Willy?

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2010, 12:29 AM »
Yes, crazy chef and I did make it out to touchwood Saturday. Ran into a conservation officer at the boat launch said the ice was good but he had seen no one on it with trucks yet just sleds and quads. Talked to a couple local guys that were there, they said the ice was all over for thickness in the narrows, so we went on and stayed close to the shore..., took the one ton truck....lol would have quaded on but buddies have no quads so truck only this trip... anyways didn't go out far just to the left on the dock in about 15 ft of water. Saw 6 pike on the cam, they would nose the bait but not interested in eating... everyone we talked to said its been slow there this year so far. We hit beaver late in the afternoon on the way home but nothing, most people were leaving as we were setting up so not ideal, put down an glow head at dusk just to see if i could bring in a ling but no luck there either..... definitely going back to touchwood when I can take the quad and head over where the locals went, sounded like they had been doing well with the perch over the last week or so.

Offline TheSylvanSpinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Can i claim the tackle shop owner as a dependent?
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2010, 01:27 AM »
There are some lunkers to be had in that lake.............hopef ully i can make it up once this winter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.