Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: New to site  (Read 452 times)

Offline TheBird55

• IceShanty Rookie
New to site
« on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Hey all I'm a lil new to this site.  As you could prob. guess im an outa stater but I'm hoping on heading down to NW Iowa this weekend for the first time, i got awfully interested in fishing iowa after a buddy of mine caught his limit of jumbos on spirit about a week an a half ago an told me its well worth the drive to come down an fish.  Was thinking about fishing that area of lakes or around the Emmetsburg area because i have another friend who lives there.  Any info. on lake access, snow, travel, ice, maybe a fishing story or two if anyones willing would be great help. if you don't want to reply to message just PM me. Thanks to all, an good fishin.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:23 PM »
I heard there's almost 3ft of snow on the lake now.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Got a sled, or do ya like exercise?  Come on down, I'm sure the state of Iowa would be glad to take your money.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Welcome to the site, I'm a new member but have been "watching" the site for a little over a year now.  I live in Emmetsburg but am leaving this weekend to head back to college other wise I would have offered to meet up with you and show you some spots on the Five Island lake.  Let me know if you have any questions about anything and I would be more than willing to answer.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline TheBird55

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2010, 03:57 PM »
thanks for responding, fished this past sat.  1/9 from 4a.m. till bout 10 a.m. caught prob. 100 crappies not a one being large enough to keep, an three nice eyes about 17-19 inches.  fished jus north of the aeriation in about 16 foot of water, only place we tryed fishin on the lake, would like to know if there are any good size crappies in that lake or are they all little? any other fish out there to be caught?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.