The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ennis Lake  (Read 3665 times)

Offline Rap Jigger

• IceShanty Rookie
Ennis Lake
« on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Does anyone have any new info on how Ennis lake is fishing??? I haven't really heard much buzz about it yet....

Offline fishawn

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ennis Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:15 AM »
I haven't fished that lake for years. I would love to hear from some of you about the lake. Last time I fished at the bridge going to the dam and got skunked so I my luck over there is dwindling, but I've heard of hogs coming out of there so please share your secret holes with the masses. :)
Fish Ninja

Offline spedray

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I fish it several times every winter. I always always always fish the by the bridge. For what ever reason I haven't seen anybody fishing anywhere else. I have had good luck with swedish pimple tipped with mealworms. There is quite a bit of current running through there. You can see you line being pulled to the opposite side of the hole. For this reason I tend to go a little bigger on the size of pimples then normal. I would say a 3 lber is about normal for the size of the fish. If you are coming from Mcalister and fish the far side of the bank I believe there is a nice warm spring that the fish seem to concentrate around. There usually is a group of older gentlemen from one of the old folks home fishing there if it is nice out. They really have the fishing nailed down and know what they are doing. If you see them, stop by as they are a friendly bunch and can give you some tips

Offline Mr. iceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:11 AM »
I fish it several times every winter. I always always always fish the by the bridge. For what ever reason I haven't seen anybody fishing anywhere else. I have had good luck with swedish pimple tipped with mealworms. There is quite a bit of current running through there. You can see you line being pulled to the opposite side of the hole. For this reason I tend to go a little bigger on the size of pimples then normal. I would say a 3 lber is about normal for the size of the fish. If you are coming from Mcalister and fish the far side of the bank I believe there is a nice warm spring that the fish seem to concentrate around. There usually is a group of older gentlemen from one of the old folks home fishing there if it is nice out. They really have the fishing nailed down and know what they are doing. If you see them, stop by as they are a friendly bunch and can give you some tips
Thanks for the info, ive been wondering where to fish in ennis lake and always wanted to go,  I know there are some monster browns in there. thanks a million

Offline spedray

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Anybody been up here lately? Hopeing to head out friday.

Offline TheGreenHornet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2010, 10:44 PM »
Fished it last week for about 2 hours and got skunked.  Not a hit.  The ice was a little sketchy down by the bridge so you should probably drill your way out.  We've caught fish down there before through the ice but it never seems to be too great.

Offline Loves2Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:09 AM »
We fished there last Saturday and got skunked.   But I have seet he folks beside us pull out some nice rainbows.  Ice was about 6 inches.    Good luck

Offline fishonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:36 AM »
Was there about a week ago from 730 til 1 and between 3 of us fishing with all our worth only 2 rainbows. This has pretty much been my experience every time i have been there. Ennis lake is my last choice for fishing. Take a fly rod and drive down bear trap to the damn and fish the tailwaters that way the trip isn't a waste. The fishing in the canyon picks up around 11 or so.  ;) ;)

TIGHT LINES

Offline eroknroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:42 AM »
i also got skunked there about a week ago, and froze my tail off.  The ice there scares the snot out of me as well.  I won't be going back there.  I've said it a thousand times and I will say it again, canyon ferry, hands down biggest fish around on average, and there is no risking life or limb to catch them.

Offline spedray

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Fished today from 8:30 till 3. Had a lot of bites first thing in the morning but there were proving hard to catch. They would just tap the jigs once and that was it. Later in the afternoon I ended up pulling up 6 from the same hole in about 45 min. on a swedish pimple and worm. There was a couple that showed up at 10 and left at 1 with there limits using spawn sacks. We were fishing by the bridge toward the middle of the lake. Ended up catching 9 fish biggest being #4 and the smallest #2.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.