The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: CF perch  (Read 773 times)

Offline Bowhunter4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • It's always somethin'
CF perch
« on: Jan 05, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with the perch on CF yet this year or any fish for that matter. Thanks for yer time. :tipup: :tipup:
Rooney

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: CF perch
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I'll be driving Friday evening to fish the weekend up there.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:26 PM »
I spent 6 hours out there Sunday with 2 of my boys.  What an absolutely gorgeous day to be on the ice - no wind, sun, awesome!  We fished hard for 6 hours and landed 5 perch and 1 walleye.  Only missed two other bites.  Extremely slow!!!!  It seemed like the schools were moving and when you got one, you got two and then it was dead for 2 hours and all the sudden they were back and we got 2 more.  We only talked to about 10 other groups of fishermen and not a single person had fish on the ice.  I feel fortunate that we got what we did.  There were a couple hundred people on the ice I would estimate and we only talked to maybe 20, so it's possible that the fish were biting eslewhere on the lake.  We were on foot, so couldn't cruise around asking people.  Ice is a good 15".  There are multiple pressure ridges this year and one that has a fair bit (up to 18" in places) of water on top of the ice.  Safe to cross, but you gotta pick your spots if you are on foot or risk getting wet.  Plenty of 4-wheelers and even a few trucks out there.  We fished a couple miles north of the Silohs Campground...long walk!  Good luck!

Offline Ice Grizzly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Went out there recently and right at dusk we caught 3 walleye and 1 big perch all in about 20 min. went back the next day and only caught one perch. just jiggin spoons and nightcrawlers :tipup:

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:46 PM »
What part of the lake were you fishing? I have made trip a couple of times and not with much luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.