Author Topic: Autrain Lake  (Read 1161 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Autrain Lake
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 06:01 PM »
We're heading out to Autrain lake in the morning and I was wondering if anyone has a report/conditions to pass along. We've never fished this lake before but we have a map and have an idea of where to start, thanks for any help :tipup:

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Autrain Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Myself and 601 fished there a little over a week ago in the 20 foot hole out from the swimming area and caught some small pike and walleye and one perch. There was little to no snow and atleast 8 inches of ice.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:01 PM »
thanks for the heads up man, any size to the walleye?

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:22 AM »
No they were just little! I'm still at work browning, so I don't think ill make it today but as soon as this storm is done, ITS ON!

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Well you didnt miss much today. Got stuck twice getting back to the access and the weather was terrible. Caught nothing but small perch and decided to call it an early day. We're going out tomorrow but chances are we're fishing greenwood or sweizters, will try autrain again soon.

Offline 249er

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:48 PM »
hey browing13 if you make it to swietzers, worth looking at the rock point over by the houses. There is a sweet weed bed and a drop off into the original river channel. was there two weeks ago and caught lots of crappies and missed afew big!!! pike. most of the crappie were small but if you hit it right and big ones might be there. good luck :tipup:

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:49 PM »
funny thing about schwitezers - went out last year, buddy got his first fish camera.  Punched some holes where we had luck in the summer catching eyes, put the camera down the hole... sweet bunch of structure.  We caught one rock bass.... come to find out, any where you drill a hole in that darn thing is a bunch of structure.... I knid of have a theory that if you find some featureless flats you'd be into the fish!

Offline 249er

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:00 PM »
all depends on the day and alot of luck

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2010, 02:35 PM »
icedflies...    u must of been close to shore in the shallow water  if you could actually see the structure.  i put my aqua view down and cant see a thing.  thats some dark nasty water there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.