The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: perch assault tournaments  (Read 7225 times)

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
perch assault tournaments
« on: Jan 02, 2010, 12:22 PM »
First tournament is jan 9 on upper thompson is any one signed up or interested in signing up?
is it wrong to be turned on by an icehole?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: perch assault tournaments
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:53 AM »
If you guys like perch fishing you should really look into this tournament it is really put on well and pays out well you can check it out at perchassault.com

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Are you in this tournement?
Live Free Or Die.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Problem with Perch Assault is the Payout to registration fee ratio is way too high....   

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:27 AM »
yes i'm in the tournament and have done fairly well and i don't spend a lot of time on the lakes either except lake mary ronan because its only 5 miles away. as far as the payout the pay all the way to 10th place and have spots for youth and women so that stretches the money out farther. but also allows you to win some money if you don't take 1st

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 11:03 AM »
also if they can get enough interest they have been wanting to expand it around the state

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2010, 10:50 PM »
good luck to anyone fishing tomorrow i'll probably see you out there just look for the blue and yellow sled

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:16 AM »
your helena boys took third yesterday. better than most locals

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Next tournament jan 30 on lower stillwater

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I'd still like to see a lot more people try this out lower stillwaters holds some big perch

Offline playyesiam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2010, 12:17 PM »
 ;D

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2010, 12:44 PM »
is it a team tourney or a single? i would be interested, but am new to missoula area, and i don't really know anyone around here. Anyone intersted in partnering up... i really havn't had much exp fishing this area, what lakes are included?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2010, 05:35 PM »
It is a teamed event
lower stillwater and lake mary ronan are the two lakes left

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Addressing the entry fee to payout ratio...how does winning $1000 for a $75 entry come up to an unreasonable payout?  For comparison, With 50 teams at $75 ateam, the pot is $3000. (80% payback) 30% to first place is $900,  the voluntary big fish pot is usually right at the same money as first place.  Place 15th and have the big fish, its worth as much as first place...55 teams and first is worth $990, 40 teams and first is worth $720, still almost a 10-1 payout, better than most horse races will pay!

As for enforcement of the rules, I would love a specific!  Two years ago a team had 11 fish in their bucket.  As soon as they poured them into the official weigh basket and we counted them, they were disqualified, PERIOD!  No question, no debate, end of story.  I had a team try to sign up the Friday before the first event this year.  The rules say teams MUST be entered no later than the Thursday before.  I didnt take the entry and 15 guys witnessed it.  That would have been another entry in the pot, but I enforced the rule.  So, if anyone has a specific where we didnt enforce a rule, lets hear it.

And what tournament DOESNT FAVOR THE LOCALS???!!!  We try and throw a new lake into the mix every other year or so, this year no exception.  Jim and Tim from Helena do pretty good every year, as have teams from Drummond and Missoula.  Doing an event on the east side of the state has always been something we would love to do, but it will cost us a LOT more money to bring a tournament east of the mountains.  Find me a local sponsor willing to cover our expenses and we are there.  Otherwise it has to come out of the entry fees.

And thems them facts, if you have any more comments on specifics, I would love to hear them! 
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #14 on: Jan 25, 2010, 01:44 PM »
How many teams is there registered to date?

I went to the results posting site.  Is that total weight of the 10 perch limit?  Too dam lazy to read the rules. ;D  The big perch prize seems that it's the biggest perch of the 3 derbies.  Is there any side bet cash pot for the biggest perch per derby?  That would make it more fun. :thumbsup:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Each event is seperate and there is a team of the year for most points after all three.  Best weight of ten perch, pays down to 10th place.  9th place usually will get you your entry back.  The side pot for biggest perch is voluntary, $20 per team, each event.  The results page was for the Upper Thompson event that was on the 9th. 

We have 35-36 teams entered for the Stillwater event as of yesterday.  We have 34 teams that have signed up inadvance for all three.  Doing so saved them $10 per event.  Still time to get signed up for this Saturdays event, 'cause only locals win the events, you know! ;D

C'mon, Man, the rules are only two pages! ;)
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2010, 06:00 PM »
tomorrow is the last day to sign up for lower stillwater

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2010, 02:37 AM »
My wife and fished Lower Stillwater Event last year for the Perch Assault.  We caught none but it was fun.  I may fish Saturday, but not in the tourney.  Just to drill holes and have a good time.  Good luck to the teams tho.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:09 PM »
good luck to anyone fishing tomorrow i'll see you out there ;D

Offline Mt.Bucket

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2010, 03:17 PM »

GO HELENA!!!
Live Free Or Die.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #20 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:37 AM »
The Helena boys kicked A$$ on Saturday.  8.97 pounds with 10 fish. 3 pounds more than second place. Earned them $775 for their $75 entry fee.  Puts them SOLIDLY in the lead for Team of the Year award with about a 3.2 pound advantage over second place.  They had a strong showing last year at Lake Mary Ronan so they are going to be hard to beat there.

Complete results and standings are posted at www.perchassault.com

Biggest fish was 1.53 pounds and was worth $700.  Total of 40 teams were there and the fishing was good all day.  A little controversy and the rules were enforced aggressively.

Next event is March 6th at Lake Mary Ronan, always some of our best weights and good turnouts which equals better prize money.

I will pay a $50 cash bonus to the top placing team from over 100 miles away (via mapquest from your home address to Lake Mary Ronan Lodge and Resort) if you sign up between the 5th of February and the 25th of February.  The only exception is you and your partners may not have fished a Perch Assault in the past.  So, I am covering your gas money to come and check us out, and since you are only competeing against other non locals for this money, the playing field is level!

Mike

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:55 PM »
would like to thank mike and chancy for all there time they put into these tournaments for everyone elses enjoyment
see you on saturday ;D ;D

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2010, 08:51 AM »
only today and tomorrow to sign up for lake mary ronan

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Mar 04, 2010, 09:35 AM »
tournament is cancelled because some a**hole tried to cheat

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #24 on: Mar 04, 2010, 10:00 AM »
who tried to cheat?

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 04, 2010, 08:34 PM »
I don't know who it was but it will leak out in time. it just sucks that two guys have to ruin it for everyone else >:(

Offline Aaron072

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Mar 04, 2010, 08:36 PM »
especially when my partner came clear over from lewistown and by the time i found out and got a hold of him he was already in browning

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Mar 05, 2010, 01:05 PM »
I have been sorta watching this thread and thought that was terrible people would want to cheat.  What is it about people like that.  Its fishing....and perch right?  I think its pretty low to cheat with stuff like that.  I think it was great what you guys were doing and i hope it is not spoiled by a couple turds who are too competitive that they need to win a friendly perch derby.  Good luck in the future
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #28 on: Mar 05, 2010, 10:34 PM »
sombody has to know who it was....

Offline iceholer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Mar 06, 2010, 12:01 AM »
yes some a$$ hole did try to cheat. and my partner found the bucket with allmost 9 lbs of perch in it. sunk below the ice tied to a stick . sad day for us with allmost a 3 pound lead and a chance to take home the 2010 trophy. but an even more sad day for those honast fisherman who took time off work and time from     there famlys to pree fish what was probaly there last derby of the year that they have ben waiting almost a month to fish it. with that said sorry it was canceld but we couldnt just let it happen to us or any of you. i hope they contiue to have the turney it is a great time and great groop of people with only one exception the a$$ hole
when hell freezes over ill ice fish there to

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.