Author Topic: silver lake  (Read 1912 times)

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
silver lake
« on: Jan 01, 2010, 06:43 PM »
after dishing out $56 dollars for my privlage to hunt and fish i decided to hit silver lake for a few  hours of fun plenty of ice and fish to go with it. i never had that much action at that lake in such a short time. granted all the fish were small it kept my mind off that money i just spent. over a half doz. bass with some piks thrown in. jigging was fair. everything was released to fight again. started fishing at 2:30 and ended at 5:00

Offline John C

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: silver lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Good to hear you had a nice day. Only have a few hours tomorrow so I am going to head over there in the morning. Dished out $50 myself for the combo. Hey we gotta do it!

Offline bob fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2010, 01:38 PM »
Alway a bit of action there.
How much Ice was there ?
Thanks

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2010, 05:39 PM »
didnt measure but i would say at least 5in or better. 2 quads and 1 dirt bike cruising around the lake. only place un safe would be right at the outlet when u drive in.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2010, 09:20 PM »
ill be hitting it in the morning, anyone shoot me a message on here if your going also should be a breezy one but the fishing should be hot as always.
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline jay matthews

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:53 AM »
stopped by sat to take a look after wetherfield cove, does all that quad action affect the fishing?

Offline TCASS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothin but Knobb!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:41 PM »
I just got back from Silver, had a good 5-6" everywhere.  Wound up with 18 bass and 2 pickerel in less than 2 hours!  My buddy and I were running our asses off this morning!
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!!

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2010, 05:20 PM »
made a real quick trip out there to jig for a bit, caught 2 bass about 14 inches and a mean pickeral about 20 inches good catch for 30 minutes of jigging before the sonar battery died and it was a tad cold anyhow
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline pettinicchis

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't horse em son !!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:56 AM »
stopped by sat to take a look after wetherfield cove, does all that quad action affect the fishing?
I find that some quad action is good when things start getting slow, as long as its away from the tip ups.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:44 PM »
after dishing out $56 dollars for my privlage to hunt and fish i decided to hit silver lake for a few  hours of fun plenty of ice and fish to go with it. i never had that much action at that lake in such a short time. granted all the fish were small it kept my mind off that money i just spent. over a half doz. bass with some piks thrown in. jigging was fair. everything was released to fight again. started fishing at 2:30 and ended at 5:00
Good Job on the fish!   I usually get my license from my mother for Christmas. She said this would be the last year for that. It used to be a nice gesture but now the cost is too much when she had to buy for three of us!  It costs quite a bit to be a legal outdoorsman, but still cheaper than some other activities and twice as much enjoyment

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2010, 03:28 PM »
super slow today, had 2 fish in the first 15 minutes then nothing the next 3 hours before i decided to call it quits
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline FishyMack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 07, 2010, 04:05 PM »
You guys should do what I did years ago, which is buy a Lifetime fishing License.  It has already paid for itself.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.