The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Favorite Irish Hills bluegill/redear teardrop or bait???  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Left/Center

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys looking for your favorite irish hills bluegill teardrops or bait? Post sum pics

Offline rshgld

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Favorite Irish Hills bluegill/redear teardrop or bait???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:32 PM »
I have always done well with Moon Jigs tipped with waxies. Green or chartreuse glow jigs seem to work the best. I caught so many on the green one weekend the paint was almost missing on the whole jig.

Offline fisher2hunter22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Hey guys looking for your favorite irish hills bluegill teardrops or bait? Post sum pics

why so you can catch all the bluegill on the same lakes i fish. ;)
_0______      
  l__l      \
--------- \ -----------
               \    
                 \
              ><>

Offline Left/Center

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2010, 10:18 PM »
No, just wanted input, personally my favorite is a pearl white gill pill with a purple bead tipped with a drained waxworm. As far as "needing" you to help me catch fish in "your" lakes...I don't think so, I put in the time buddy.

Offline fisher2hunter22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2010, 08:28 PM »
never did i say "my lakes" and never did i say you "needed" my help. read slower and lighten up "buddy". ;) i put in time too. my favorite jig is a custom huey jig
_0______      
  l__l      \
--------- \ -----------
               \    
                 \
              ><>

Offline Left/Center

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:24 AM »
Just wanted different ideas when the bite is off. I know where all the good weedbeds and transition areas are in wamplers and devils...my gps is pretty full on just those two lakes...lets just say i have someone that has shared alot of knowledge over the last few years. Thanks for the input and look forward to learning more from a great site such as this. Yesterday went to one of my favorite bluegill spots about 3/4 of a mile away from the launch at devils and ended up with 11 crappie and 6 bull bluegill...lots of work to get them since i saw about 15-20 pike. Good luck and tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.