Author Topic: Cheap boots  (Read 2779 times)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cheap boots
« on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Just to let you guys know, I just bought a pair of ranger boots from Big R in Watseka Il. for $35.00. (30% off). My feet normally freeze even with chemical toe warmers and they did not get even close to cold tonight. I don't know how durable they are but for 35 bucks who cares.
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Cheap boots
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:23 PM »
thats awsome! but watseka is a drive..
Got one goin'!

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:30 PM »
I hope they work out for you, but i am done buying cheap boots.  I have been trying to get away with mid road boots for a few years now.  The continually leak, rip, etc.  I am now done buying rocky as they have not had a good boot imo since the old corn stalker from 10 years ago.

I am moving to the higher end boot and hopefully it works out.  I figure paying 200 bucks for boots and getting 5 - 6 years out of them is better than buying a new pair of 100$ boots every flipin year.

We shall see. 

Hope you find a good pair for a great buy though

Offline iceshack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:38 PM »
My brother in law found mickey mouse boots on ebay for 35.00.  You just have to look.  I bought mine in Kenton Ohio at a swap meet for 30.00.

Offline NH Fishin Fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Those rubber Ranger boots with the removable liners are great. I have had mine for 3 years and they keep my feet nice and toasty.

:thumbsup:   :thumbsup:

Most Tractor Supply stores carry them now, I got mine at KTP in Maine.

Offline Harley Hogger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:57 PM »
MICKEY MOUSE

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:59 PM »
Donald duck  ;D

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:02 PM »
I like the mickey mouse boots also. The only complaint that I have is the air bags dont hold air. Im thinking of injecting them with some fix a flat or slime for tube repair. Just need to find a needle or something small to inject it in the air inlet valve. Should work

Offline perchfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:11 PM »
I love my mickeys!!!

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:50 PM »
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ORIGINAL BATA. NEVER HAD 2 BLOW UP WITH 2 POUNDS OF AIR. THEY HAVE BEEN PLENTY WARM. YOU MUST KEEP AIR VALVE CLOSED AND OPEN WHEN AIRBOURNE. WHICH ISNT NECESSARY WHEN ICE-FISHING.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:22 PM »
On Mickeys. The valve is not for putting air in. It works like a pressure relief valve on a boiler heater.  My new ones even say 'do not inflate' around the valve. 

That said I get along very nicely with Arctic Sport Muck Boots that weigh about nothing . I did put thermal heat insoles in them.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Well, you learn something everyday, THX

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:29 PM »
MAKE SURE YOU GET THE ORIGINAL BATA. NEVER HAD 2 BLOW UP WITH 2 POUNDS OF AIR. THEY HAVE BEEN PLENTY WARM. YOU MUST KEEP AIR VALVE CLOSED AND OPEN WHEN AIRBOURNE. WHICH ISNT NECESSARY WHEN ICE-FISHING.
I do get airbourne sometimes when I miss a walleye at the hole. ;D

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Watseka??? I should read this post I guess....  from the area....  Can't believe anything cheap at BigR works but.....

Rocky Boots pretty much a joke. Never had as wet a feet as I got in some Rocky's.  Water proof but leaked like sieve.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline jtf19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:41 PM »
I do get airbourne sometimes when I miss a walleye at the hole. ;D

:clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: That's funny.  But yeah, I just got them for my birthday (the 30th of December) and like abishop said, they say keep closed unless airborne right under the valve, which I'm assuming means more than a foot or so, h2.0shaver  :P

Offline littled62

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 219-670-9620
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2009, 12:53 AM »
when the army surplus in hammond went out under last year they had a big sale we got our mickey's for $20 a pair, got 4 pair sold 2 pair for $40 each so we got ours for free!! only i got white it was the only ones in my size, wife got black

Offline taggedfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:03 AM »
I love my lacrosse icekings last pair lasted about ten years

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2009, 08:52 AM »
I second the lacross ice kings. I've got two pair, one is over ten years old and the other 3 years old. Makes no difference which pair I wear, they both work. You can also buy these for around $100 .
Paul

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:22 AM »
I am guessing those of you wearing Ice Kings mostly drive out or take snowmobiles, atvs, etc.  I cannot imagine walking a few hundred yards through the snow in a pair of those.  I have a pair and they are the heaviest, most clumbsy thing i have ever put on.  Very warm yes, but i wouldnt want to walk past my mailbox in them. 

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:47 AM »
I live in Indiana and have to walk everywhere I fish.Don't have a problem with the weight as long as they keep my feet warm. Used them doing electrical work outside for several years climbing ladders and grain bin work. They are big but I'm used to them.
Paul

Offline bowhunter085

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:09 PM »
i bought mine outta bass pro for 119 bucks and there 2000 grams of insulation and pegs on bottom that harden in cold wether for stud like traction on ice work awsome. they also offer 1200 grams for like 79 bucks but i have a bad problem with keeping feet warm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.