Author Topic: xmas fishing at pelican lake  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Mr.walter walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
xmas fishing at pelican lake
« on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:11 AM »
so after the gifts where open and the turkey was ate i was in my home town of Ninette so i thought well since 2004 they have been stocking this once great lake with walleye theres got to be fish here so went out i had live minnows punched alot of holes in four differnet spots and not one bite the fish our still not there so where are the walleye in pelican if theres no winter kills and no jacks or perch to harm them??/

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: xmas fishing at pelican lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:13 AM »
where all did you try? and how long were you out there?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 01:37 PM »
all over in 7 to 9 feet of water northend where the sail boats are or yought club

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:35 PM »
so after the gifts where open and the turkey was ate i was in my home town of Ninette so i thought well since 2004 they have been stocking this once great lake with walleye theres got to be fish here so went out i had live minnows punched alot of holes in four differnet spots and not one bite the fish our still not there so where are the walleye in pelican if theres no winter kills and no jacks or perch to harm them??/
\\

Pleasant Valley

Offline gater man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:45 PM »
no pleasent valley is at the south end
TEAM ICE SHANTY

Offline Bunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "when in doubt,set the hook!"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:13 AM »
who's to say there's no jack's in pelican.the pembina river connects rock and pelican lakes.there is jack's in the pembina and rock lake

Offline GREEN-BACK-HUNTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:32 AM »
   HI  hows the fishing bin goin
are there any shacks on the north end of pelican lake yet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:33 AM »
thanks 4 the info

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30, 2009, 10:17 AM »
theres one shack and sure there are some gators in pelican not enough to kill off 6 years of stocking of walleyes

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30, 2009, 01:19 PM »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. My reply was to the original poster asking where the Pickerel may be 'hiding' in that lake. Just south of Y Point may be another area to try. From my experience anyway, if there is not a huge population in that lake, you will find VERY FEW in the north end in winter, summer yes, but not winter.

It's been quite a few years but have experience on that lake, know where the few springs are & where they may be 'hiding' if there's not yet a huge population. Also grew up in the area & only fished Rock & Pelican for MANY years. If they stocked for that long, they will be there as there hasn't been a 'bad winter' since then.

Offline kingocanada

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30, 2009, 01:29 PM »
My buddy has a cabin there and he said that when the winter kill happened there were dead fish everywhere in the spring. That must have been horible.

Offline Bunk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "when in doubt,set the hook!"
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:19 AM »
theres one shack and sure there are some gators in pelican not enough to kill off 6 years of stocking of walleyes
you were the one who posted there were no jack's or perch there to harm the walleye.i agree the few
pike that are there would not put a dent the stocking that has been going on for the last 6 years

Offline teekayn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2010, 11:37 AM »
Is Y point where Manhattan Beach is?  Just trying to get a location.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:43 PM »
all over in 7 to 9 feet of water northend where the sail boats are or yought club
  only 12 inches of ice or less on pelican  lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.