Author Topic: Summit info, park road cleared, fishing anyone???  (Read 1480 times)

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit info, park road cleared, fishing anyone???
« on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Anyone have any info on Summit, was going to head up Tues, but want to make sure the road is plowed?

Any fishing reports would be bonus info  8)

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
Re: Summit info, park road cleared, fishing anyone???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2009, 05:48 PM »
Wagon Train and Stagecoach open. BTW, Wagon Train 3, formerSDguy 0.... Not a good yr at all so far.
Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:58 AM »
Haven't been up yet Adam, we got a lot more snow up this way from the way it sounds. I doubt they have the parks opened up yet as they are still working to get the county roads open as of last night, sorry wish I knew more. I am running up to Mitchell, South Dakota this morning for a couple days and I'm going to try and fish Summit on Thur. or Friday.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline Eastwesterner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:09 AM »
Fished it for a morning and it sucked
Where's the ice

Offline NE BASS MAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:52 PM »
John and I fished it on 12-12 and had absolutely no luck.  Fished all the spots where we had success last year and not even a nibble.  John forgot his flasher so we were kind of fishing blind. That was a few weeks ago though.  Things could have done a 180 since then.  Let us know how you do!

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:19 PM »
John and I fished it on 12-12 and had absolutely no luck.  Fished all the spots where we had success last year and not even a nibble.  John forgot his flasher so we were kind of fishing blind. That was a few weeks ago though.  Things could have done a 180 since then.  Let us know how you do!

Was OK.  Cold.  Had to walk a long ways to get to where I wanted to fish, then spent two hours drilling and looking.  Actually fish for around 4 hours, was a tough bite, around 12 gills (all 8.5 - 9.5) and 9 bass.  Didn't move once I was set up. 

Couldn't see any old holes, and have only ice fished it once, so it was tough to get on em.  5 other huts out there, but all were across the lake from us so no idea how they did. 

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:43 AM »
Were the roads open Adam?
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline adammd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Were the roads open Adam?

We came in the normal entrace, and it was plowed around to where you actually cross the lake and enter the main park area, from there it was not plowed and drifted pretty good.  So we just parked along the north side.  There is a back way in, and saw a truck show up right as we were leaving (in the back southeast corner), not sure what that road looked like or where it even comes from. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.