Author Topic: Newcomers  (Read 3551 times)

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Newcomers
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Hi to all the NH anglers on the board.  Originally from Vermont, I now live in Exeter, NH.  I've been fishing most of my life but only recently began fishing NH in 2009, mostly from a kayak.  I grew up ice fishing VT and have been doing most of my recent ice fishing up there with my Dad.  I'll be doing my first ever NH ice fishing this weekend!  Probably start on someplace local that I know well...maybe PowWow for pike or one of the other lakes for Crappie and Perch.  I fish out of a Clam Nanook.  Look forward to meeting some of you on the ice!  Stay safe.

Also..a little off topic....but if you're interested in kayak fishing when the ice melts....check out our new group...New England Kayak Fishing on meetup.com
http://www.meetup.com/New-England-Kayak-Fishing/

Offline salmon stalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2010, 11:58 AM »
but if I see this happening I will take swift and forcefull action

We need more people like this, good job! It's disgusting the amount of A-Holes there are out there who trash our state whether it be in the woods or the water.

Nice posts everyone, welcome aboard!
The outdoors, a real mans playground!!!

Offline Rockfish Redneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:18 PM »
made my first post yesterday and really impressed with the number of replies! there is a lot of action on this board!!!  i'm originally from VA and moved to Boston about 10 years back and have settled down in Hudson. I've been into saltwater my entire life and have become more of a sweetwater fisherman as I have gotten older and distanced myself from the coastline (still love stripers and bft though). I have a pretty sweet, loaded fishing kayak, but no boat yet!  Used to take cod trips to subside my cravings in the winter, but have much more fun chasing flags on the ice and love bragging to my southern buddies about the sport!!! 

Offline jmerrimack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 07, 2010, 08:05 PM »
I joined last season and thank you all for your help and advice. I live in Merrimack and generally fish the local ponds and lakes for Bass, Pickerel and perch. I also fish the same species in the summer but like the hard water better. No mosquito's, ticks ect. I generally fish with my 2 sons, alot of flags keeps them busy.

Jeff

Offline BAMSx4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2010, 05:11 AM »
Hi guys.  I am new here also.  I started a thread saying hi then saw this one.  So I guess I duped myself already.  Either way, howdy.   ;D

Offline snowthumb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2010, 05:56 AM »
Hi everyone! I am new here as well. I live in the lakes region, fishing for just about anything. Hope everyone has a great hardwater season!

Offline hardwaterAL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 13, 2010, 05:03 PM »
 New here to and like all the good info,still going through all the different posts. Put the shack out last weekend on ossipee lake and will be there most every weekend till ice is not good. Any one in the area that wants to stop by feel free.I get on the lake off nichols road, green shack off left side of boat ramp.Do majority of my fishing here not much for lakes in bartlett area.
hardwaterAL

Offline DanGreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 13, 2010, 07:58 PM »
Hey everyone I'm new this year my name is Dan i'm 18 and go to school in Mass my friend got me hooked on hardwater fishing last winter and I've been going out ever since.

I'll have everyone know I paid my fine and bought a new license

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2010, 08:13 PM »
welcome to both of you! ;D

Catch A Buzz

Offline DanGreen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:53 PM »
Thanks, always find great info here

Offline Thumber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Sunset on Merrymeeting Lake 3/18/09
« Reply #40 on: Jan 14, 2010, 04:10 AM »
Put that new license to work, Welcome to the site.
Hosted New England Outdoors New Hampshire Fishing Show 1989 to 1994.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.