Author Topic: Cabela's underwater Camera  (Read 16958 times)

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
Re: Cabela's underwater Camera
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:41 AM »
What are the Regs. for keeping bass in PA?  I thought they had to be min. 15" to keep Jan 1st - April 16th?

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:46 AM »
What are the Regs. for keeping bass in PA?  I thought they had to be min. 15" to keep Jan 1st - April 16th?
You are correct Sullymon! 
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:15 PM »

The one looks 14.75"  ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline blizzardfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:09 PM »
      dan in pa did mention he was fishin a farm pond.are regulations different when fishin on private property(IE. PRIVATELY STOCKED FARM PONDS)?                                                               

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2010, 01:10 PM »
      dan in pa did mention he was fishin a farm pond.are regulations different when fishin on private property(IE. PRIVATELY STOCKED FARM PONDS)?                                                               

Yes. no regs on private waters.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline dan in pa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2010, 08:55 AM »
"Nice fish"  Would have sufficed? 

Why is everyone worried about what the next guy is doing?

I saw the same thing on a hunting board that I no longer go to because everyone is looking to bust cahones instead of being nice to one another.  I hope this site doesn't turn out to be that way too.  We as sportsman should be encouraging eachother, not the other way around.

Everyone's wants to be the POlice nowadays.

jeesh.

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2010, 09:54 AM »
"Nice fish"  Would have sufficed?  

I saw the same thing on a hunting board that I no longer go to because everyone is looking to bust cahones instead of being nice to one another.  I hope this site doesn't turn out to be that way too.  We as sportsman should be encouraging eachother, not the other way around.

jeesh.

k... nice fish.
Also, the warning is to be careful when posting pictures. The law has used pictures in forums to bust people before. Just need to make it clear, as was done, that fish that don't meet regulation were taken from private water. People are just being concerned for others.

Offline Perch Killer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:18 AM »
got the pan II last week used it for the first time last weekend, and loved it. had tons of fun with it. Definately worth the money.
Perch killer

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:20 AM »
"Nice fish"  Would have sufficed? 

I saw the same thing on a hunting board that I no longer go to because everyone is looking to bust cahones instead of being nice to one another.  I hope this site doesn't turn out to be that way too.  We as sportsman should be encouraging eachother, not the other way around.

jeesh.

Sorry Dan ... I didn't mean to stir things up ... I was just simply curious, that's all.  I was NOT trying to bust your chops.  I'm from NY and our regs are different, it's illegal to keep bass after Nov 30th ... so I was asking what the PA regs are for bass.

With that said ... nice fish.  Be safe and tight lines.

Offline Papinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2010, 11:23 AM »
Thanks for the info. I'll try that. How far apart, do you put the holes. I messed with the camera
in the house. The jig is easier to see, the closer the camera was to it, in the house. I suppose
it maybe different in water. I just worry about fish tangling around the cord.

I drill my holes about two feet apart and use the hole the farthest away from the camera for my deadstick minnow and the hole closest for the jig. You'll be surprised how well you can see as long as the lake is clear. I fished in 45 fow last year and could my jig and my minnow behind it. Dont worry about the cord unless you target bigger fish. I mainly use mine for perch so they dont tangle into it they may bump it but dont usually get tangled.

Offline dan in pa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:06 PM »
Sorry Dan ... I didn't mean to stir things up ... I was just simply curious, that's all.  I was NOT trying to bust your chops.  I'm from NY and our regs are different, it's illegal to keep bass after Nov 30th ... so I was asking what the PA regs are for bass.

With that said ... nice fish.  Be safe and tight lines.

Thanks, I appreciate that.  Same to you.  :)

Best regards
Dan in PA

Offline blkgmc79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 04, 2010, 12:24 PM »
i just bought one off cabelas i cant wait to get it!!
if u carry it out carry it back in!!

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:33 AM »
I drill my holes about two feet apart and use the hole the farthest away from the camera for my deadstick minnow and the hole closest for the jig. You'll be surprised how well you can see as long as the lake is clear. I fished in 45 fow last year and could my jig and my minnow behind it. Dont worry about the cord unless you target bigger fish. I mainly use mine for perch so they dont tangle into it they may bump it but dont usually get tangled.

Thanks for the info. I fish the bay of Green Bay, for Perch, Whitefish and Walleye. I'm going to try
the camera tomorrow.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 05, 2010, 05:37 AM »
I hae seen the new panning camera in action, and it is slick.  it has got very bad reviews on cabela's, but the three times I have used my buddies this year, it has worked to perfection.

I bought one of the panning cameras this summer on closeout... it is identical to the new panning cameras except for the actual camera itself is a Sony on the new one (not sure on the old). I used it once in the house and it worked great......... once on the ice and it wouldn't even power up. My buddy bought one the same time and had his out 3 times before the screen just went black. They are pieces of junk IMHO. Maybe the non-panning cameras are better... I don't know.

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 05, 2010, 10:29 AM »
I had a problem with my Advanced Angler II panning camera that I got last year, it kept popping fuses. I took it back to the Cabelas store, waited in line for 15 minutes, only for them to tell me that they have a 60 day return policy for electronics. They told me that I should call cabelas customer service and talk to them, hopefully they will do something for me. I've only used it a few times and it worked great, that is until it started blowing fuses.

A word of advice from a guy at the Cabelas store : Always store the camera outdoors, it's not good to take it from the 70 degree temp indoors, out to a freezing cold lake. He said that was the reason for the lens getting condensation, and in my case the reason it's keeps shorting out, because of the moisture from storing it indoors.

Hope this helps... wish me luck on hopefully get my camera replaced.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #45 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:50 PM »
I had a problem with my Advanced Angler II panning camera that I got last year, it kept popping fuses. I took it back to the Cabelas store, waited in line for 15 minutes, only for them to tell me that they have a 60 day return policy for electronics. They told me that I should call cabelas customer service and talk to them, hopefully they will do something for me. I've only used it a few times and it worked great, that is until it started blowing fuses.

A word of advice from a guy at the Cabelas store : Always store the camera outdoors, it's not good to take it from the 70 degree temp indoors, out to a freezing cold lake. He said that was the reason for the lens getting condensation, and in my case the reason it's keeps shorting out, because of the moisture from storing it indoors.

Hope this helps... wish me luck on hopefully get my camera replaced.
I just sent my camera in 2wks ago for moisture in the camera, I just recieved the new one yesterday, they replaced it no questions asked, 2 week turn-around wasn't that bad especillay through the short holiday weeks, I will take that storing tip, I had kept it in my bucket/carierw/lid, maybe that was the cause. Cabela's treated me GREAT! Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline Michigan Mafia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 05, 2010, 03:58 PM »
When I called them they said that there is a 1 year warranty that comes with the camera, unfortunately I bought mine in December of 2008... not sure when you bought yours Smitty?

They told me to box up the camera and send it to them along with a letter describing what the problem was. The lady also told me to add in the letter what they should do in case it can not be repaired, so naturally I wrote that I wanted it replaced or a gift card sent in the equal amount of the camera.

I really hope they can help me out with this, as my visit to the Cabelas store was less then pleasant. To make a long story short, after being told that they could not do anything for me at the store and that I had to call customer service, I walked over to fishing dept. and asked a lady where I could find the cameras like mine so that I could find a phone number or address and she accused me of stealing it because it didn't have a green cabelas return sticker on it!

Offline Sullymon

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Where's Waldo?
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:34 AM »
I have heard nothing but bad things about the Cabela's panning camera ... many, many complaints.  Too many moving parts and servos to go bad underwater???  I have not heard near as many bad things about the "traditional" version.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:47 AM »
I bought the 7" for my son for X-mas, it would not turn on unless you wiggle the wire by the fuse and the counter weight fell out while we were looking at the camera. Took it back and waited in line at the return counter for 45 min. got my money back.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:19 AM »

Does anyone else store their camera in the cold temps to prevent condensation in the camera? Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:30 AM »
Does anyone else store their camera in the cold temps to prevent condensation in the camera? Smitty
I used mine for the first time yesterday. I kept it in the house and it worked flawlessly.
I've used a Vex, for years, but never turned it on yesterday. I'm hooked on the camera
and came home with a bucket of Lake Whitefish.

Offline iceman1267

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2011, 01:18 AM »
Bought a cabelas camera last year second time out the ballast pop off as I was bringing it through the hole making the camera useless returned this winter for the new color panning camera second time out wouldn't pan or turn leds on or off. Cabelas is great at returning product if your exchanging or upgrading but beware if you want a refund it takes forever.If you get their cameras you got about 50/50 chance of getting a lemon. If you can find them look at the reviews of last years panning camera almost everyone returned them entire batch of lemons.Now I have a Marcum 380 with a panning tri pod, Gander had a package deal for both for$279.00 absolutely love it.

Offline Juan bond

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The lakes are full of iceholes!
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:39 PM »

If it is sealed properly, you shouldn't have to!!! This post makes me nervous,,,I just ordered the color 360 from cabelas last night at work. 262.00 in the bargain cave flyer and I got an extra 20.00 off also (covered tax and shipping). I'll be using it next week and if it fogs up, it's going back.....

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:11 PM »
I get Advance Anglers Panning Underwater Camera back to Cabelas few week ago  Problem with Panning movement left and right cause black out and turn on and off  and use only 7 months   it was great view all around 360 panning but poor quality.  I bought a MarCum VS 620 and happy with it best high performance view on underwater camera  High Recommend this device 

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Marcum makes a panning tripod to use with any camera. It operates on two C cells an have been told it comes with a 10 foot cord between the tripod and the controller. It sells for $49.95 on their site. While I have not used this product I do have the Aqua-Vu mo-pod. It also is a remote controlled panning tripod, but its control is wireless. The Aqua-Vu is not being sold this season and sold last year for $100. Buying a non panning camera and Marcum's panning tripod might be a good alternative to buying a panning camera. A few days ago I thought my mo-pod was gone for good, but it has been retrieved.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline akdube

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2011, 07:35 PM »
I ordered one as well through the catalog but talked to an employee at a store on the phone and was told to buy a cxp warrenty for it like 20 bucks and good for 2 years any problems at all even if u break it by dropping it no questions asked. So I call back and tell them I want this cxp warrenty seems they dont offer it through the catolog or the internet...gonna call this dude back and see if i can buy it through his store... Also they just went through and revamped a bunch of stuff on the cameras should be better now they said they had a lot of problems with them but all issues should be fixed now...Hope so

Offline blackriverrat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 15, 2011, 10:21 AM »
i bought one 2 years ago, just lost cord from battery to camera.any idea where to get replacement part?

Offline blackriverrat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Jan 15, 2011, 12:54 PM »
excuse me from battery to monitor

Offline dayooper57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Mar 12, 2011, 11:02 AM »
Cabela's should be ashamed to have their name on this camera. I keep it in the cold and still it fogs up after using it for a short while ice fishing. I have tried everything but it always fogs up. I've had it for two years and only used it a few times.
In crystal clear water you can see about six feet.
Compass does not work its a joke.

If you like these cameras you can buy mine for $100 thats one third of the price I paid Cabela's and thats not including shipping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.