Author Topic: Indiana Proposed Bluegill limit.  (Read 10823 times)

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Indiana Proposed Bluegill limit.
« Reply #60 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:47 PM »
regulate yourself....plain and simple

I completely agree.  I fish a bunch of different lakes during the year... most of them less than 3 times a year.  I enjoy learning new bodies of water, and it minimizes my impact on each lake.  If everybody used a little restraint and common sense then we wouldn't need so many laws.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline Piggyn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:48 PM »
I would be more for limiting the number of 9"+ bluegills that can be kept each day during the spawning months than I would be for 25/50 fish daily/possession limits.
Catching the lunkers of tomorrow today!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #62 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:56 PM »
posession limits= pilling on!!

so the co busts dilrod bob for too many crappie, 20 over the limit. also saw him with 5 rods and has heard reports he does this 3 days a week,...then you check his freezer..hmmm lots of bags of fish!!

the guys an idiot....so pile it on ;D

i wonder what the lake champlaign guys (NY,VT)would think of this as i belive the often...sell their catch to buyers..hmmm
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline YOGI-LA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:57 PM »
OK..Is this per License holder?

What about , Wife, Children under 16 or over living at home? CAN THEY SHARE THE SAME FREEZER?

I would AGREE WITH A 5 DAY LIMIT IN POSSESION...PER EACH LICENSE HOLDER PER HOUSEHOLD.

I wish the DNR would concentrate a bit more on the Asian Carp catastrophe going on...This thing is getting  out of hand..

It needs to stop the spreading of these Carp...Real soon...It may be too late already...

We are screwing the lakes up for our Grandchildren already...Big Business in the Culprit, buying out the Lawmakers.

God  Help the USA..

Yogi ??? ???

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 24, 2009, 02:01 PM »
yes, per liscence holder....

Offline jamesdegitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:27 PM »
I would be all for this.  The only reason I am saying this is because I was on Appleman last year, and there was AT LEAST 200 dead gills on the ice.  Gills that guys left there for the sole purpose of dying.  If you read the regulations, this is called wanton waste.  I'm not saying this is the reason for the limit discussion, but I'm sure this is a contributing factor.  And as far as the possesion limits go, I'm sure most of you guys hunt on this site, like myself.  The possesion limit is no different than say rabbit hunting.  If you and your son both have hunting licenses and you both kill your daily limit of 5 rabbits, then you can be in possesion of 10.  Just remember, it only takes a few IDIOTS to ruin for the rest of us. 
I'm not getting skunked, I'm just eliminating water

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #66 on: Dec 25, 2009, 06:30 AM »
Guys....it all is a matter of personal preference and your own ethics.  I dont begrudge anyone for taking 200 gills home with them if the fish are eaten.  I personally dont like cleaning more than twenty at a time.  A lot of good points have been raised in here and this has been one of the best reads I have seen in quite sometime.  One thing that I need to point out again is the private water thing.  If it has an inlet or outlet it is subject to all fish possession and size limits.  The state might not own the ground around that body of water, but they own the fish swimming in and out of it.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #67 on: Dec 25, 2009, 09:41 AM »
dont need a gill limit!  .
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 25, 2009, 09:49 AM »
so i'm taking some gills to pops today...now he has no fishing liscence but has gills in the freezer. Wouldn't this make him a criminal?..hmm

has a couple pheasants and some venison too...felon or just a nice old man...i think the later

Offline jhc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 25, 2009, 12:29 PM »
No Gill Limit,How about a DNR Limit ????
And with the record about of Fishing License Sold this past Year,Where's the Money ???
How about,for a change, lowering The Fishing  License Fee.....
And while they are at it,Lower the Price of My Boat Tags,Its Funny,every year my boats
get older,but the State Boat Tags Go UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fish Of This State Belong to the People of This State...

We don't need more Government.....Its Just That Simple......

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #70 on: Dec 25, 2009, 03:57 PM »
No Gill Limit,How about a DNR Limit ????
And with the record about of Fishing License Sold this past Year,Where's the Money ???
How about,for a change, lowering The Fishing  License Fee.....
And while they are at it,Lower the Price of My Boat Tags,Its Funny,every year my boats
get older,but the State Boat Tags Go UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fish Of This State Belong to the People of This State...

We don't need more Government.....Its Just That Simple......

I hear ya....but the laws are the laws........

Offline jamesdegitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 25, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I understand your gripe about the dnr.....but how about people stop taking more than their limit, taking fish under the size limit, leaving fish just to die.  hammering or ragging on anyone, I just think that there are people who are ruining it for everyone.  People need to follow the rules and regulations.
I'm not getting skunked, I'm just eliminating water

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Dec 25, 2009, 06:50 PM »
Seems to me that the laws that are already on the books aren't being enforced, "ie" gills being left on the ice to die, a certain Salamonie state forest in my county (Wabash) has a small pond that has had a 7 Inch limit on gills for several years and I haven't ever been checked by a CO but I go 5 miles to 105 bridge or pirates cove and chances are good to be asked for a licences check.  I guess that the more anglers the greater the chance of scoring a hit for the CO. Don't get me wrong my personal limit is ten nice fish. That's all I want to clean, however, if someone has the skill to catch a hundred or more and the desire to clean them I don't care just as long as they use what they take but for gosh sakes don't take any more than your family and friends can use. This is a good subject for a thread everybody has a good point and  I think everybody would agree that common sense is more important than new laws.  Too bad thats not the new law that is being debated.  Teardrop   

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.