Author Topic: Crappies Hennepin parkway  (Read 2116 times)

Offline Crappie Fool

• IceShanty Rookie
Crappies Hennepin parkway
« on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:56 AM »
I'm new to the site. Wished I found this site years ago. I love ice fishing. Is the Parkway a good place to catch crappies?

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Crappies Hennepin parkway
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:03 PM »
You can catch them if your lucky not a place to go and just target them.
<br />

Offline Crappie Fool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Thanks for the info. I live in central part of the state. We received a lot of rain. I'm afraid there will be no safe ice.

You can catch them if your lucky not a place to go and just target them.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2009, 09:12 AM »
Lake Storey in Galesburg has numbers. Keep your eyes on the Journal and the fishing hole.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:18 PM »
I am like 4.5 miles from here,  I am sure I will find out the conditions by the end of the weekend.
<br />

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2009, 05:13 PM »
  There is a municipal lake in Eureka, IL that has some big (13"+) crappies. My son fishes it. I'm not sure about the quantities though.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Fished lil e for years got exactly one 13 incher. Most are 6.5.   Also with this rain I am guessing muddy till spring now if not just unsafe.   
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2009, 10:52 PM »
thinking about going out tomorrow to fish/check ice.  Have to take wife shopping but when i get back I will be out looking for some place to wet a line.
<br />

Offline mattlehn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Crappie Fool

There is a private lake just outside of Metamora.  It is pretty cheap to join.  Yesterday afternoon I went out for about an hour (4-5 inches of ice) and caught a 15" and a 13.5".  The lake is supposed to be full of crappie I do not get to fish often but in the last two years I have caught several nice bluegills 10" the biggest most 7"-8"  last year I caught 3 big bass through the ice the bigest was 24".  I have only caught 4 crappie, the two mentioned above a 14" and a 9".  This lake is having an icefishing tourney on Jan. 16. E-mail me if you are interested and I will give you more info.

Offline Crappie Fool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:17 PM »
Crappie Fool

There is a private lake just outside of Metamora.  It is pretty cheap to join.  Yesterday afternoon I went out for about an hour (4-5 inches of ice) and caught a 15" and a 13.5".  The lake is supposed to be full of crappie I do not get to fish often but in the last two years I have caught several nice bluegills 10" the biggest most 7"-8"  last year I caught 3 big bass through the ice the bigest was 24".  I have only caught 4 crappie, the two mentioned above a 14" and a 9".  This lake is having an icefishing tourney on Jan. 16. E-mail me if you are interested and I will give you more info.

I'm interested. I sent you a couple of emails. Please respond.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.