Author Topic: Hennepin Parkway  (Read 730 times)

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hennepin Parkway
« on: Dec 22, 2009, 02:19 PM »
How is the ice and fishing over there? Can you go west towards the 80 bridge without finding bad ice? What kind of fish should I expect? GF and I ( maybe Blu?) will be over there Thursday if the weather lets us.....

Thanks
Boscolab
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Hennepin Parkway
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:50 PM »
Not looking promising at all. Heavy rain forecast for here. Most ice fishing done a Hdqtrs building. 
I know you love a long trek though.....
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:55 PM »
It is open from the lagoon to bridge at highway but that is in the main channel. The lagoon is off the main channel and was at 6.5 on sunday.
<br />

Offline boscolab

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:17 AM »
Too bad. Was hoping to walk a ways away from the crowd. Is lock 21 area worth a try?
If I had a penny for every time, people thought they would get rich from getting pennys for every thing they claim they do or hear, over and over again, I would be richer than Richy Rich.
HUH?

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:05 PM »
lock 21 area has a lot of current.  It does freeze but after I was in high school and bro fell through in that section I have not been back to ice fish.
<br />

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.