The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Girlfriend trouble  (Read 6308 times)

Offline waronfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Girlfriend trouble
« Reply #60 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:06 PM »
welcome to fishahollics anonymous my friend...

Offline fishinmoses

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Made in usa
« Reply #61 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:44 PM »
i would try to take her and if that don't work dump her.my wife used to complain about it till i took her and made sure she had beer to drink and now 14 years later shes my partner in tournament ;)

Offline waltergill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2009, 01:18 AM »
That's a wopper!!!

I'ts huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline diddlepole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Dident Brad Paisley write a song about this. You should play it for her!

Ya, he did.  It has to be one of the dumbest songs i have ever heard.  He should be banned from fishing for writing such dribble.

Offline thorzep

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • when i last saw you i was just a learner, but now i am the master
« Reply #64 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:48 PM »
                                                                                                    Thors icefishing stats:  nothing   yet!!!

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:57 PM »
sounds exactly what happened to me! i stopped fishing and hunting in hopes she would be happy, that lasted 2 years in our early stages of the relationship. then it seemed to me it wasnt just the hunting and fishing it became a total control thing..we lasted 11 years have 2 great kids and now as of last february i am single..almost a year now..she now understands she ^%$^% our relationship up and wants to "work it out".. i know now it is not for us..i will never try to please a woman again by stopping what i love....its an early warning sign...it will not stop there!!!!!! ;D  just my input.... :o

Offline Big Fortin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 22, 2009, 07:15 PM »
 :clap:Always more fish in the sea  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #67 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Better get rid of her before she makes you marry her, and then all you have to look forward too is the sweet release that only death can bring. :angel

yes, do it before it gets to the " til death do you part"--and you realize you are actually setting a goal  ;)

Offline Fabner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 24, 2009, 06:29 AM »
Ahhh Grasshopper,  I feel a disturbance in the force.  You may wish to try some balance in your life.  Remember,  without balance even the biggest tree falls over in the wind.  Hell,  I forgot where I was going with this.
Gopher Everett?

We thought you was a toad.

A man ain't no kind of man unless he's got land.

We've got to R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Loved Up,  Almost

Offline tolley72

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish on!!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 24, 2009, 08:12 AM »
My fiance told me to read this status and as a woman, I am on here to say that he does fishing, ice fishing, hunting, etc. and not once has it bothered me that he does all this including watching daily shows about all this. I would rather him do this than to be a drug addict. Also, I join him on fishing as well and I am very happy with our future because he let me does my hobbies as well.

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #70 on: Dec 24, 2009, 08:52 AM »
good job tolley - it may seem strange to you, but you are definitely in the minority when it comes to being the "understanding other half". Typically it's more of a control battle instead of an understanding. What seems crazy to me about the ladies..is...if men are so typical and predictable (and this has been true for hundreds and hundreds of years) ...then why are women so incensed on trying to change us. We are hunter/gatherers  - we are simple creatures - just love us and feed us and leave us to our chores (hunting/fishing/drinking/being slobs...yadda yadda) and we become as loyal to you as it gets.
Keep Your Rods Bent !!
~NiagaraJiggin~
Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member
Creator of the Swoongie Fishing System

Offline thedude

• IceShanty Rookie
  • where's the sun?
« Reply #71 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:19 AM »
time apart is just as important as time together...... there are simple, albeit underhanded, methods to helping women understand this.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #72 on: Dec 24, 2009, 10:10 AM »
My fiance told me to read this status and as a woman, I am on here to say that he does fishing, ice fishing, hunting, etc. and not once has it bothered me that he does all this including watching daily shows about all this. I would rather him do this than to be a drug addict. Also, I join him on fishing as well and I am very happy with our future because he let me does my hobbies as well.

Uh oh.... now you are gonna get a bunch of responses asking if you have any sisters!!

Not from me tho.  My wife loves to fish and gets mad only if I buy just one of something.  She has asked me, "Since you only bought one, what are you going to use?"  :)

-Jeff

Offline Bluegill Babe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PANFISH RULE!
« Reply #73 on: Dec 27, 2009, 10:46 AM »
I must be one of the lucky ones.

12-31 will be 14 years of saying thank you for not changing me.

Happy anniversary :)
When you add up all of life's ups & downs, make sure you have a surplus of smiles, not frowns.  ~AW~

Catch 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em, go back for more! :)

Offline Bluegill Babe

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PANFISH RULE!
« Reply #74 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:00 AM »

Amen, Tolley!  Better addicted to a fun, worthwhile hobby than something destructive. 

Same to you NiagaraJiggin....if we leave you to do your thing then you'll leave US to do our thing and EVERYONE is happy just as long as "girl time" doesn't impose on "guy time" (and vice-versa) and that together time never imposes on out with the buddies time.  I for one enjoy it when he's out ice fishing because that means yummy panfish (well on most trips) just as long as everyone's safe and it's not every single weekend.  Gives me a chance to enjoy some time to myself as well :)

Every couple needs some hobbies to share and some hobbies that are just theirs.  Keeps the conversations going, too. 

But men DO have to realize that -- just like men enjoy staying the same, women as a group love to change things, make things better (why are we usually the interior decorators.....nurses. ......charity event coordinators...activis ts......etc.?  Because of our innate nature to "make things better") which unfortunately causes friction in those who oppose changes to or within themselves (can't teach an old dog new tricks etc etc etc).  So IMO the preferred way for the guy to go about this is: Find something that she CAN change/make better that is not related to fishing/outdoors (like maybe she can teach you better cooking skills or the right way to do laundry) and then she's satisfied with that little bit of "control" in helping him change something that she'll eventually leave the outdoors thing on its own/unchanged.
(at the risk of being yelled at for explaining the woman's side of things)
When you add up all of life's ups & downs, make sure you have a surplus of smiles, not frowns.  ~AW~

Catch 'em, fry 'em, eat 'em, go back for more! :)

Offline BONECRUSHER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LOVE TO GET IT WET
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:29 AM »
My girlfriend just informed me that my ice fishing is very annoying to her due to: my fishing everyday, watching ice fishing videos, and being on ice shanty when I get home from ice fishing. She tells me i'm obsessed.  ??? ??? ???

Your not dating my wife are you :o :roflmao:

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:33 AM »
my fiance wants an ice armor suit and we are going to Lake of the Woods for our honeymoon.

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #77 on: Dec 27, 2009, 11:40 AM »
my fiance wants an ice armor suit and we are going to Lake of the Woods for our honeymoon.
Sounds like ya got a keeper meatman!!!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 27, 2009, 12:23 PM »
        Been married for 15 years and she new when we signed the papers what she was getting in to!!
 Would she rather have me in a bar spending money or on the ice or hunting bringing home fish and venison?
     All you guys with girlfriends that are giving you crap, use that one!!

Offline Yeah Baby!

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 27, 2009, 12:54 PM »
I can't remember the last time I've had so much fun reading these posts.

This place is chuck full of wisdom!

Offline Snoman2005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG UP!!!
« Reply #80 on: Dec 27, 2009, 05:27 PM »
History: One girlfriend in college wrote "I love Vicki" on all my tip up flags.  I was pissed.

I spent 8 yrs in a marriage, trying to make her happy...giving up on the things I loved.  She was never happy, but I was miserable.  I took control and got my old life back. 

Now I don't give that part of my life up.  Icefishing makes me happy...so it is a must that I keep doing it.

So if your girlfriend is annoyed now, it probably will only get worse my man.  Set the rules with her now or lose years.

Offline s_house

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Dec 27, 2009, 07:50 PM »
take it from someone that is married RUN!!!!!!

Ditto

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:01 AM »
   You don't want it to be 5yrs and 3 kids later before the mistake becomes obvious.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #83 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:09 AM »
What did she get you for CHRISTmas?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Dec 29, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Any update on the situation?
;

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #85 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:05 PM »
as far as alot of time on IS   yep   annoyed maybe she knows it is better Im here instead of surfing adult sites   cheaper too!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Ice Diva

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 29, 2009, 12:52 PM »
touchy subject. If it is all you do and don't really care to spend time with her then yeah dump her. and find someone that will either  A. Obsess with you. or B. has her own obsession.. maybe cooking :) so she won't mind.
Ice Diva
A.K.A
Here fishy fishy fishy!

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
« Reply #87 on: Dec 29, 2009, 01:08 PM »
My girlfriend just informed me that my ice fishing is very annoying to her due to: my fishing everyday, watching ice fishing videos, and being on ice shanty when I get home from ice fishing. She tells me i'm obsessed.  ??? ??? ???
I did not read all these so someone may have said this already but tell her what I told my wife..... would you rather me be going to bar all night, getting drunk, driving and then go to a strip club?? Or go ice fishing/Hunting where you know I am safe an honest..... She has adapted pretty good, not too much complaining any more... actually got her shooting a bow now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.