The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Girlfriend trouble  (Read 6295 times)

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Rods Bent !!
Re: Girlfriend trouble
« Reply #30 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:17 AM »
isn't it interesting how woman have a social life that keeps them busy until you hook up with them...then their social life and hobbies seem to come to a screeching halt just so they can keep you from having one as well. Luckily mine still likes to eat fish and dead animals so I get to go as often as I like and sometimes she tags along. I like someone else's point on here....if she is self-centered enough to give you crap for doing something that makes you happy and doesn't her her in the least, then she may not be worth keeping or could very well turn into sone twisted psycho chick down the road....
Keep Your Rods Bent !!
~NiagaraJiggin~
Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member
Creator of the Swoongie Fishing System

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:20 AM »
with spell-check....lol

isn't it interesting how women have a social life that keeps them busy until you hook up with them...then their social life and hobbies seem to come to a screeching halt just so they can keep you from having one as well. Luckily mine still likes to eat fish and dead animals so I get to go as often as I like and sometimes she tags along. I like someone else's point on here....if she is self-centered enough to give you crap for doing something that makes you happy and doesn't hurt her in the least, then she may not be worth keeping or could very well turn into some twisted psycho chick down the road....
Keep Your Rods Bent !!
~NiagaraJiggin~
Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member
Creator of the Swoongie Fishing System

Offline 1TIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SAFE ICE TO ALL !
« Reply #32 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:25 AM »
you knew me and my hobbies when we met , take me this way or find the door .
I wont ask you to change this things you enjoy so please dont ask me to .

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #33 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:25 AM »
When I first started dating my wife, I took her ice fishing in a nice heated shanty.  She loved it. Now she looks forward to icefishing every weekend.

If she won't go with you icefishing then you need to find one that will.  ;)
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline JunkYardDog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Keep fishing, you'll find a girl that will be into the same things you are. Been married 30 years to a woman who will always go fishing with me.  Three years ago she bought me a Shappel shanty for Christmas. Two years ago she bought me an Aqua-Vue camera. Last year she bought me a power auger, this year for my birthday she bought me a Pflueger Trion reel and a St. Croix Legend rod, AND a DVR for my Aqua-Vu camera. She has a lock on the "Wife of the Year Award" as far as I'm concerned. They're out there, there just hard to find. BTW I'm doing my best to train my daughter to fish, need to train the next generation right!
I've spent 75% of my life hunting and fishing, I've pretty much wasted the rest.

timberdoodle

« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:38 AM »
My girlfriend just informed me that my ice fishing is very annoying to her due to: my fishing everyday, watching ice fishing videos, and being on ice shanty when I get home from ice fishing. She tells me i'm obsessed.  ??? ??? ???

Get another one now...or tell her thats the way it is...if she stays good for you...if not good for you! There are plenty out there.

Online michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:50 AM »
I will not tell you to get rid of her! See what she buys you for Christmas. If it is fishing related, she may be telling you she wants some of the same passion she sees you put into fishing. Look at her intently like you would a spring bobber. Take care of her like you do your equipment and she will never fail you. I have been married 1 time for 24 years to 1 woman. What do I know?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline diddlepole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:52 AM »
My wife went fishing with me last year all the time.  Now we have a little guy and she cant unless we get a sitter.  I knew I had a keeper when I put 1,000 maggots in the fridge and didnt hear any b***hing!!!!!!!

Offline Fishing-Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:58 AM »
hey trust me i am going through divorce right now i was married for nine years because we had nothing in common get the hell out divorce is very very very very expensive. if you do not have anything in common get out. all it will do is turn you into a a-whole that no one wants to be around. i have been seperated from her for 4 months now i have a new g/f and she is awesome and i am happy not a the a-whole i was before. and i lost a bunch of fishing buddys who got sick of her calling me and then when i didnt answer she would somehow get there #'s and call them get ride of her trust me its not worth it have fun dont be controled!!!

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:02 AM »
My girlfriend just informed me that my ice fishing is very annoying to her due to: my fishing everyday, watching ice fishing videos, and being on ice shanty when I get home from ice fishing. She tells me i'm obsessed.  ??? ??? ???
Whale guys are stupid.We are thinking with are wrong heads. If it isn't ice fishing it would be something else she would be complaining about. Buy her a nice Christmas gift and ignore her when  she starts complaining.

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:30 AM »
I would have to say get rid of her now. It is only going to get worse.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline bambam389

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:33 AM »
RUNNNNNNN!!!! And don't look back.

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch and release in hot grease
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2009, 10:35 AM »
buy her a rod and tell her shut up and jig ;D
I can't wait for hell to freeze over.... so I can icefish it!!!!

Offline fishin_692

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM REDNECK
« Reply #43 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:08 AM »
just a qout i seen on a bummper sticker the other day

dicth the b**** and let go fishing 

thoutgh it was pretty funny
KILL,EM,AND,GRILL,EM      

Offline Mr. Skunked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Keep fishing, you'll find a girl that will be into the same things you are. Been married 30 years to a woman who will always go fishing with me.  Three years ago she bought me a Shappel shanty for Christmas. Two years ago she bought me an Aqua-Vue camera. Last year she bought me a power auger, this year for my birthday she bought me a Pflueger Trion reel and a St. Croix Legend rod, AND a DVR for my Aqua-Vu camera. She has a lock on the "Wife of the Year Award" as far as I'm concerned. They're out there, there just hard to find. BTW I'm doing my best to train my daughter to fish, need to train the next generation right!

does your wife have a single sister? lol

timberdoodle

« Reply #45 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:20 AM »
Ahhh just remember guys..."No matter how pretty she is, or how great you think she is, there is always someone out there that is sick of her crap"... :)

Offline papaperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:27 AM »
1. How to change a fox into a pitbull ?
    you marry her
2. No matter how beautiful and becoming a strange woman is etc etc
    there is a poor SOB somewhere just wishing she would SHUT UP for a change
3. Before you ever go back to a woman......
     Remember why you left.

These three axioms have served me well for over 60 years. My present wife is definite keeper. But boy did I make some mistakes gettin there.

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:36 AM »
I would say if you are asking what to do you are not happy.  My wife gives me crap about the money I spend and the time I put in doing it, but never bit@# about it.  I never once was thinking like you saying trouble.  I would tell you to take a long look at your relationship and if you are thinking there is trouble there probley is and there is 2 ways to change: Walk away now or do as she says and be miserable.
;

Offline GoBlue2255

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:44 AM »
Ahhh just remember guys..."No matter how pretty she is, or how great you think she is, there is always someone out there that is sick of her crap"... :)

And we have a winner.   Well kidding aside, I was engaged for 2 years and told her she could plan whatever she wanted for the wedding with one thing in mind the only months I would be available were April and May (hunting, fishing softball).  And have since met someone who has similar interests and grew up around it and couldnt be happier, remember dont settle life is to short to get stressed over it
[IMG]]

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:45 AM »
   What do you think her folks, friends are recommending when she tells them "he's always fishing, watching fishing videos, when he's home he's online with his icefishing friends,etc, etc"? Do you suppose they are telling her to "Hang on to this guy"?
  Food for thought......

Ken

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 21, 2009, 11:49 AM »

Dident Brad Paisley write a song about this. You should play it for her!

Offline fishin_692

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM REDNECK
« Reply #51 on: Dec 21, 2009, 12:03 PM »
yupp gone fishing  should play it at the wedding just to let her kno u got priortys to
KILL,EM,AND,GRILL,EM      

Offline serchn4monsterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 21, 2009, 03:49 PM »
get out quick it's only gonna get worse from here. luckily my wife has no problem with me doing the the things I love. (fishing&hunting)

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Dec 21, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Take her out in the shanty and teach her a lesson!!! :tipup:

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #54 on: Dec 21, 2009, 03:58 PM »
When I met my wife almost 30 years ago I hunted and fished, I still hunt and fish and I am still happily married ;D. She knew what she was getting and visa-versa when we first started dating. I knew she was the one when I met her the first time.. If it doesn't feel right now, it won't feel right for the REST of your life. Keep shopping, you'll know when you find her.
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline bjeff42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to fish forced to work!!
« Reply #55 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:13 PM »
You should play that Brad Paisley song for her I'm going to miss her is the name of it I think. Just play it one day when you are getting your fishin stuff ready to go out for the day. ;) ;D

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #56 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:26 PM »
You know just looking at this objectively, between the two of you one of you has a problem in this situation. I can't think of a thing you've done wrong ...

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Amistad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:28 PM »
Hey Whale, gotta question for you. Do you have any real cool, high end fishing and hunting gear?
If so, PM me and let's exchange phone numbers because I want to be the first one in line to buy your stuff real cheap in a year or two when you're going thru that nasty divorce. ;D

Just tryin' to help.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Just imagine what happens if you sacrifice a little now, then next time you'll be sacrficing more............  There are only a few things that we want more of, and sacrfices are not one of them.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Dec 21, 2009, 06:24 PM »
well screw it, you can always find a new one.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.