The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Browns Lake  (Read 1945 times)

Offline adirondackmtbob

• IceShanty Rookie
  • UP THEY GO !!!!!!!!!!!
Browns Lake
« on: Dec 20, 2009, 01:34 PM »

Is ice fishing allowed in Browns Lake. Might visit Seeley Lake this year on a snowmobile trip. Would consider a side trip to this trout water for a side trip.

Offline muskyhntr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Browns Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Yes ice fishing is allowed.There are some nice size rainbows in Browns.There gets to be a lot of snow and drifts can make it difficult to get to some winters.Browns can be hit or miss some of the best ice fishing is now.Good luck.

Offline timberbutte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Musky said it. Browns seems to turn off right around New Years, thats when I quit fishing it. If you really want rainbows, I would suggest going to Georgetown, even though it's a drive from Seeley. Or Canyon Ferry. Nevada Reservoir has some cutthroat, as does Placid Lake. Gotta work for them though. Perch and Pike in the Clearwater chain of lakes. Lakers in Swan lake.  If you have sleds, you could probably get to some lakes in the Missions that have trout, but I don't know for sure. Might be worth a call to Lolo National Forest Seeley Ranger Station or a search on the Montana FWP website. Pretty good info on species under the Fishing Guide tab. Good luck.

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:47 PM »
heading to browns tomorrow. will report how it goes, hopefully i can land at least one pig!!! doubt it though

Offline icebugler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:50 PM »
no pigs, but 3 landed between 14-16. lost another one that was similar in size. fished from 730-10 am and then headed to salmon. marked a few more than i caught. probably the most fish i have marked there before, usually when i go its a 1-2 fish morning but they are usually a heck of a lot bigger than 14 inches. was in about 12 FOW using pimp and ratso.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.