Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Sucking so far  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Woody61

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sucking so far
« on: Dec 20, 2009, 11:33 AM »
2 trips out so far without a keeper >:( Last week at Wyth lake and yesterday on a private sand pit have yielded only a few small fish with many lookers. Tried about 10 different bait/jig combos yesterday and while some proved very interesting to the fish but not enough to eat. Did catch one 8" white bass which will probably signal the death of this pit for fishing once they take over it. Back in Oct I saw a school  of whites blow up on some minnows( 50 or 60 blow ups at the same time) never seen them before this winter. Thinking they may have come in from the Shellrock during last years floods as this 14 acre pit is only a 100 yards from the river. Hoping things improve with all the dollars I have spent on gear so far this year.
 Luckily after Tue I'm done working for the year and plan on drilling as many holes as I can, Last year by this time the freezer had a good stock of fillets in it after just a few outings around Waterloo.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Sucking so far
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I've went twice and haven't had a bite yet. I would be happy with some small gills!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jimbo72

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I am done reading the fishing report on the DNR website.  It said the Ave of the Saints pond was producing.  I took my daughter there to see if she could at least catch some small ones to keep her interested.  Nothing, we didn't even mark fish.  I will just stick to the places I know produce.

Offline Yopy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:09 PM »
wow sorry to hear such bad fishing from you guys, weve caught our limit of bluegills 3 days in a row

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2009, 04:13 PM »
Fished yesterday and caught 1 gill. This makes 3 trips with ONE 3" gill to show. 
EYECONICFISHING

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2009, 08:28 PM »
hasn't been real hot yet... 3 dink gils, 1 12" bass, and 3 crappie under 10"

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:11 AM »
 We've had a real hot bite on our two trips out this season. Last season it took us a couple of times before we ran into any kind of success.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.