New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Dutchess county ice!!!!!  (Read 22331 times)

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • go fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dutchess county ice!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2009, 06:10 PM »
went to upton early sun morn 3 1/2 inches did not want to fish it by my self so i left

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2009, 06:15 AM »
Things should tighten up with this cold front coming in...
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline bryan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • jigging 4 PERCH!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Here you go! My first trip of the year, I ended up with 2 largemouths, 4 pickerel and 1 crappie and missed atleast 6 fish. 5" of white/black ice (never seen that before).       Heres a few pics, enjoy!     nice  bass. but y would u keep it?
(Image removed from quote.)
1st flag of the season!

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 28, 2009, 01:24 PM »
the bass went back in the water unharmed. it looks like ice on his face, he was covered in snow from when i landed him, so i dipped him back in the hole quick to get most of the snow off for the picture. Thanks for keeping me in check though  ;)

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 29, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Drove past sylvan this morning, wide open. Headed over to whaley and it was pretty well locked up with a few wet spots out in the middle. As i came back a guy and his son were unloading to go out. I stopped and talked to him for a sec, he said most of the ice is 3 1/2" but some thinner spots are about 2-2 1/2". Thats a little on the thin side for me. Ill wait ;D

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 29, 2009, 01:03 PM »
New guy.......Want to say hello! Anyone have any info on Upton? Thanks. Next couple of days should lay down some good ice.

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 29, 2009, 03:12 PM »
was ther on sunday and had 3 1/2 inches,would like to now more . please post when you go

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 29, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Thanks .......I plan on getting out in AM.....I will let you know how I do.

Offline Fire~n~Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29, 2009, 06:09 PM »
Hey guys! I was out on Upton today.....DAMN THAT WIND! LOL a couple of pickeral and a bass before I gave in to the wind. About 4-5" in most areas that I was at - although I haven't been to far out to the middle - was still thin last week when I was there. Over to the right near the cove was about 5" solid the other day - today i just stayed right off the access and like I said about 4-5" and solid. Tight lines - Be Safe!

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:17 AM »
New to Dutchess COunty Ice fishing.......And thats sad becasue I live in Ulster COunty!   Anyone interested in hooking up and going out possibly on MOnday or the following Sun/Mon or any morningS? I work C Line 3-11 and have Sun n Mondays off and am really interested in finding some local spots to fish so i dnt hvae to drive 2 or 3 hours to drill a hole.  Any info would be greatly appreciaited,  thanks guys. (PS I have allllll of the equipment that anyone needs for ice fishing) lol

Offline Fire~n~Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #40 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:38 AM »
Jaycr - I work rotating shifts so I am available most days and fish almost every day. I usually fish Upton (off TSP and Salt Point - if thats not too far PM me and we can try to hook up.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 30, 2009, 07:49 PM »
New to Dutchess COunty Ice fishing.......And thats sad becasue I live in Ulster COunty!   Anyone interested in hooking up and going out possibly on MOnday or the following Sun/Mon or any morningS? I work C Line 3-11 and have Sun n Mondays off and am really interested in finding some local spots to fish so i dnt hvae to drive 2 or 3 hours to drill a hole.  Any info would be greatly appreciaited,  thanks guys. (PS I have allllll of the equipment that anyone needs for ice fishing) lol
I might be available monday

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #42 on: Dec 31, 2009, 03:58 AM »
Ill be heading out this weekend, anyone want to hook up?  Fallkill lake had 8 inches on Thursday, and I did pretty good jigging.

Shoot me a PM if your interested,

kb
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 31, 2009, 09:54 PM »
im heading out tomarrow,to bring in the new year right. probly heading to morgan or upton??

Offline Red Hooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 01, 2010, 01:37 PM »
im heading out tomarrow,to bring in the new year right. probly heading to morgan or upton??

Fished Upton today from 9-noon. Solid 3-5'' of ice with about an inch of snow on top. Nice walking. 1ea Br Trout, 1ea pickeral. First time out, enjoyed the weather and time on the ice. Did a lot of jigging and moving around.......fish all caught on tip ups and fat heads. :)

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Fished long pond in clinton corners for a pickerel, a small bass and a bullhead. Jigged up a couple bluegills too. about 6" of ice. anyone going out tomorrow?

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2010, 07:01 PM »
upton tomarrow ,with mommas truck!!! lol
     she dont now yet

Offline PEFD08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:05 AM »
upton tomarrow ,with mommas truck!!! lol
     she dont now yet
I HAVEN'T BEEN TO UPTON YET, BUT WAS TOLD BY A FRIEND WHO HAS ,THAT THERE IS A BOAT ABANDONED IN THE PARKING AREA. IS IT STILL THERE? IF IT IS STILL THERE CAN THE FEDERATION DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT? THAT PARKING AREA DIDN'T HAVE THAT MUCH ROOM BEFORE.

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:10 AM »
I did see that yesterday in the lot. I didnt even give it a 2nd thought. I figured it belonged to the guy in the house next to the lot? Sure its abandoned? I think it was one of those plastic jobs with seats that slide back and forth on rails.

Offline PEFD08

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I did see that yesterday in the lot. I didnt even give it a 2nd thought. I figured it belonged to the guy in the house next to the lot? Sure its abandoned? I think it was one of those plastic jobs with seats that slide back and forth on rails.
YEAH ABANDONED PROBABLY WASN'T THE RIGHT WORD, BUT TO LEAVE A BOAT IN A PARKING AREA INSTEAD OF IN YOUR YARD OUT OF THE WAY,DOESN'T SEEM TO COURTEOUS TO OTHERS WANTING TO PARK THERE. THATS IT NO MORE COMPLAINING. MAYBE JUST ONE. TOO WINDY FOR ME!!!

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2010, 10:38 AM »
It is stupid of him to leave it there,  but I wouldnt make a fuss about it. I dont know if he has anything to do with the parking area, but I'm sure it wouldnt take much of him complaining about noise/garbage or whatever else he finds to have the lot shut down. Seems like that kind of thing is happening to much and to easily around here. All it takes is one person to make some stupid complaint to the right person and it ruins everything for us fisherman.

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 03, 2010, 11:56 AM »
is that you ricky????? that boat has been there for months,its one of those bass tenderswith pedastals 7". it holds water, must float?????

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 03, 2010, 12:10 PM »
It is stupid of him to leave it there,  but I wouldnt make a fuss about it. I dont know if he has anything to do with the parking area, but I'm sure it wouldnt take much of him complaining about noise/garbage or whatever else he finds to have the lot shut down. Seems like that kind of thing is happening to much and to easily around here. All it takes is one person to make some stupid complaint to the right person and it ruins everything for us fisherman.
Why don't a few of us just pick it up and move it!!!

Offline FLAG-UPP

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:24 PM »
anybody fishing tomorrow?.... :tipup:..Rob

Offline chazmatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 04, 2010, 04:10 PM »
would like to say yes but i work m-f 7-3. only fish the weekends

Offline Fire~n~Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:09 AM »
Heading out today with a buddy who has never been hard water fishing before. not sure yet where we will go - maybe Upton, Whaley or White Pond. If your out there today I will have my radio set to the usual Ch 7...feel free to reach out! Stay Safe!!!!!!

Offline snakemansteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Jan 07, 2010, 09:56 AM »
this happens almost every year. Morgan Lake is closed until the city thinks the ice is safe. There was 5 inches on monday. i caught LOTS of bluegills, 8 rainbows kept my limit of 3 and let the rest go.  >:(

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 07, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Your allowed to fish morgan pond???????

Offline Jaycr3183

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 07, 2010, 12:31 PM »
Thinking of hitting white pond on monday! Anyone wanna tag along or anyone with tips on this piece of h20????

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 07, 2010, 02:02 PM »
Thinking of hitting white pond on monday! Anyone wanna tag along or anyone with tips on this piece of h20????
Hey Jay did you ever fish swinging bridge? thinking of going there sunday or monday evening/night (walleye)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.