Author Topic: Wheres the ice in Ohio?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
Wheres the ice in Ohio?
« on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:45 AM »
tryin to find out where the ice is.. im in NE ohio and would love to get out and fish around x-mas..  :tipup:

Offline perchguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Wheres the ice in Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:20 AM »
These snow wont help ice at all. :'( :'(

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Have you been out to check punderson or any of those other park lakes? I read in yesterdays paper that they are going to stock them with trout. The smaller lakes should be fishable now or very close to it.

Offline mestor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:14 AM »
There is 3" of black ice at Mogadore as of this morning. Cut a couple holes off Congress Lake Rd and off the N Dike road launch ramp.

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2009, 12:13 PM »
There is 3" of black ice at Mogadore as of this morning. Cut a couple holes off Congress Lake Rd and off the N Dike road launch ramp.

ive never fished mogadore.. howd u do?

Offline mestor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2009, 12:43 PM »
I didn't do any fishing, I was just checking the ice. At this rate though I will be fishing come Tuesday or Wednesday. I live about 5 minutes from Mogadore so it is my lake of choice. Can usually pretty good but you get lot's of dink panfish. Nite crappie fishing can be really good. I'm waiting to try my new shanty out on that.

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2009, 12:06 PM »
Was on some smaller ponds(1-2 acres) yesterday.  Fishing was good.  One bass of 3 lbs and many bluegill from 5-9 inches.  Didn't keep any-forgot my bucket >:(.  Ice was 3 inches where clear and went to about an inch and a half under the snow.  Water clear, a lot of activity, fished over 15 feet of water, fish constantly moving around.  If there are any small ponds, or parks with ponds that have fish in them, check them out, you can often get on them before the bigger lakes.  You get to fish the productive first ice period twice this way-on ponds and lakes ;D.  I'm in NE Ohio as well.  Hope this helps.

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2009, 01:12 PM »
i just went out for the first time thursday morn.. cought a bunch off bass n gills... 3 acre pond with 3-5 inches of ice.. a few wetspots but i stayed away from them! got to try out my ice 45 for the first time.. absolutley love it...!

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Checked out Sippo in Canton today.  Didn't really fish, traveling between jobs, but had to check it out.  It was walkable, there was about 2-3 inches of slushy snow on the same amount of ice.  Drilled a few holes.  Pretty much same at both places I drilled.  Hope the other lakes are that way for tomorrow and Friday.

Offline letsgobowhunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Visited Nimisila yesterday and is also walkable. I seen evidence of a few test holes someone drilled. Looked to be around 3-4" thick. I was only out about 40' from shore on the South Main lauch side. Plan to go out tomorrow with a friend. Never been on the ice and he's going to show me the ropes....and hopefully not have to throw me one.
Ice fishing with my two boys reminds me of being a kid, when you got no place to go in the winter.... go play on the ice.

Offline icehousepsycho

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2010, 06:44 AM »
Wondering if anyone out on Nimisila since last post, if so hows the ice?  Looking to go Monday, can't get out this weekend. :'(

Offline letsgobowhunting

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2010, 08:34 PM »
Today (1-6) I seen a guy out in a shanty off Christman. Looks like he went out from the State Park.
Ice fishing with my two boys reminds me of being a kid, when you got no place to go in the winter.... go play on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.