The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Nelson Report  (Read 937 times)

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nelson Report
« on: Dec 16, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Thought I'd give a report since I'm sure folks are wondering.

Fished Sat evening for eyes: Marked a lot of fish with the vex, but they were tight-lipped.  On flag which was a drop; only had 2 tip ups out on account of the cold.

This evening (wed): Didn't mark a ton of fish, usually every 20 minutes I'd get a mark, but they weren't too aggressive.  Had one on and didn't ice him.  Fished 5 tip-ups and had one flag which was dropped.  I'm sure some folks are doing well though, just not my luck.

Ice is ~12".  Vehicles are doable, some guys are driving, but I'll wait another couple weeks.  Good to be out there again.

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
Re: Nelson Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Thanks for the report. East or West side?  I'm going up for 4 days. Leaving Saturday night.
So many fish, so little time.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2009, 12:03 PM »
i was on east side, didn't want to drive on the ice  yet and i can get to fishable spots quicker by walking on the east side.

Offline wingnutty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Been fishing quite a bit.  Pretty consistant.

Today was kinda slow.  I got on the ice at 6:45 am and set tip ups and jigged.  Didn't have any active fish on the vex until about 9 am, but then I caught 3 walleye and 2 perch.  Somewhat slow morning, but ended up ok.  Gonna hit it tomrrow afternoon and agian monday morning since I have monday off ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.