Author Topic: mosquito ice  (Read 4417 times)

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch and release in hot grease
mosquito ice
« on: Dec 16, 2009, 02:20 PM »
main lake is pretty much wide open still,the north end  is pretty much froze over, there still is an open strip from the bridge out about 500yrds. ice was about an inch or so, wont be long for the skinny guy will be out. ill be checking the next few days keep you all updated.
I can't wait for hell to freeze over.... so I can icefish it!!!!

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: mosquito ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2009, 12:01 PM »
checked ice again this morning, the main lake is covered with a skim coat, the northend is still pretty much the same around an inch. the water level is really low, that should make things intresting.maybe some time next week if it stays cold.

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2009, 02:01 PM »
Keep the updates coming, I'm anxious to get out somewhere and only have 12 days left before I head south for a while. Need to get some icefishing in. You know of any smaller bodies of water that are safe?

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2009, 07:59 AM »
with the temp38 today theres really no need to check the ice today.i'm sure it made a little lastnite but not enough to get excited about.the weather looks good for the next week so keep your fingers crossed.

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2009, 08:31 AM »
finally someone posted a thread for skeeter!!! im a otr driver and mosquito is my main lake! it kills me not knowing what the ice report is.. keep up the good work!!! ;D

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2009, 10:58 AM »
skeeters my lake other than erie{ ok i lied anywhere i can catch walleye} hopefully we dont get to much snow, it should start thicking up the next few days. ill head out in the morning and check again

Offline theseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:18 AM »
we need some negative10 nights like we had last year.. the ice went from 3" to 12" in like 2 weeks!  im hopin or ice around x-mas but i dont think its gonna happen...

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2009, 11:42 AM »
Keep up the reports!!!!   I can't wait to get out there!!!   COME ON ICE!!!!!

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Well, i didnt make it to the ice today, im sure the snow didnt help us any. the weather looks like it wants to warm up a little, thats not gonna help either ,regaurdless ill check tomorrow evening after hunting.. ive got the fever bad!!!

Offline theishmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Well, i didn't make it to the ice today, im sure the snow didnt help us any. the weather looks like it wants to warm up a little, thats not gonna help either ,regaurdless ill check tomorrow evening after hunting.. ive got the fever bad!!!
I was at mosquito yesterday north end covered then went down to causeway same there some wet spots. walked out on ice by boat lunch a cross from bait shop wont be long now :tipup:

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2009, 07:15 AM »
i too checked yesterday and to my surprise i found a brave soul willing to  roll the dice. we did fish the north end but i would not recomend it ,around 2- 21/2 of black ice with a couple inches of snow on top.there are many spots where the spud goes threw on the first hit.the pucker factor was a 9. anyway it was great to get out.we didnt get into any fish other than a few hits and a perch.we both had floatsuits a spud and rope and were prepared for the worse. i dont recomend trying to fish it just yet ,but to each its own, BE CAREFUL

Offline IcE_SiKLe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2009, 01:57 PM »
Well i do thank you for the updates im hoping to maybe sneak out there day after x-mas...But it will have to be better then 2 or 3 in for me not a big fan of swimming...But at any rate thanks for starting the thread Its tough when its an hour away to get info... :tipup:
Dude your rod went down the hole!

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:26 PM »
 well here it is... the lake hasnt made any ice since sunday .. i still fished on 2 inches of ice and caught a few but still dont recomend fishing it, unless your fully prepared to go swimming.i tried to make my way up to the island but didnt get all the way there (i made it a mile or so .. i needed to go a mile 1\4) ran into a spot where  the ice was only an inch.. if i wouldnt have been spuding, i would have went swimming.so if any one follows my tracks(they are the only ones headed to the island) make sure u stop at my last set of holes.im gonna fish again tomorrow ,but with the warm weather and snow coming that might be it for a while.all of this referres to the northend ,if u try the southend .....UR A BRAVE MAN. LOL( if u do let me know how it goes. i might meet u there ;D)

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Richard, I'm not that hungry yet to be out there on that "thin" ice. You are a bit lighter than me though so I'll let you keep testing it ;D
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Yep I'll give it one more week ! Week from Friday For me !!

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:57 PM »
what can i say lloyd,i suffer from a terrible disease and theres no cure for it.the doctors say if i jig withs "two rods" it may help ease the pain.

Offline hardwaterfan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:07 AM »
eyepod, thanks a lot for the ice reports....much appreciated! im also about an hour away.

so far ive just hit a pond that had up to 3", but that was last weekend. busy with family this weekend. hope we dont get too much rain tomorrow.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:55 AM »
what can i say lloyd,i suffer from a terrible disease and theres no cure for it.the doctors say if i jig withs "two rods" it may help ease the pain.
Take two vicodin. No threat of the side effect of hypothermia ;D
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:16 PM »
was out four 2 hours and got 2 perch...  by the time I figured out that the marks on the vex were perch and what they would bite I hardly marked anymore after that...   Next time I will do better now that I have tried the lake...  not used to fishing for perch crappies and bluegill and walleyes from the same hole

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Don't think I will be winning any perch categories this year in that lake lol

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:05 PM »
well im glad to see u made it out... and back in... the northend is a mixed bag walleye catfish crappie and perch u never know what ull catch. sry i didnt make it out ..the wife pursuaded me to stay in bed.

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 28, 2009, 10:31 AM »
fished yesterday ice is still around 2-3" caught a few

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 28, 2009, 01:34 PM »
How much Snow are you getting that way ? 10"-12" of snow will kill 3" of ice !  Way too much weight on it !

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2009, 06:53 AM »
as of right now i have about 5" at my house. i did fish for a couple hour yesterday and it was brutal.where i stoped and fished the snow drifted about 2' behind my sled. the snow is not helping us at all.im headed out around noon today so ill let you all know how it goes.

Offline Icetester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2009, 08:53 AM »
thanks eyepod for all your valuable reports. Being over an hour drive for me it's not easy to get my own reports. Thanks again, good luck out there and stay safe.

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:36 PM »
fished tonite and did allright.  guy next to me got a 7lber. ice round 3" its starting to make a lil ice ,the first crack is still a lil nasty. gonna start at the bouy line in the morning .

Offline Icetester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 30, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Im thinking about fishing Mosq for the New Year's Bite- Probably hitting Linda's around 4pm tomorrow. I'll be out most of the evening if conditions are good. Anyone out today that has fresh reports from the cold night we had last night, ice any better?

Offline Infidel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 30, 2009, 08:59 PM »
Hello to you all ! This is my first post.
  My friend checked today, He said the ice was a solid 4" 100 yards out from the causeway sport shop. We are going to check it out in the morning.

Offline eyepod.barnes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 31, 2009, 05:52 AM »
i fished the bouyline yesterday ice around 4" the water was  muddy  i think you would do better if you went out of the causway.

Offline Double J

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Put in Bay ice fisherman
« Reply #29 on: Dec 31, 2009, 06:04 PM »
guys were off the 305 rd bed today when i drove by on the dam

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.