Author Topic: SHABONNA QUESTION  (Read 2155 times)

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
SHABONNA QUESTION
« on: Dec 13, 2009, 11:13 PM »
I was just wondering if any one been down to shabonna yet to check on the ice.

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
Re: SHABONNA QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2009, 10:38 AM »
I don't know about Shabonna, Rockwood state park in morrison, had only 1-2" Sat., above freezing temps for 2 days, don't know now, going to be real cold at night all week, hope by next weekend? Smitty
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2010, 11:16 PM »
Just wondering if any one been to shabonna yet. If so how the ice there did the rain rune it.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Guys been out.  Not worth the drive but been out.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline grubjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish-On - Share the Love
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2010, 11:04 AM »
Ice Cube, I fished Shab after the rain on 4-5" of ice.  This was near the cabins.  only caught 2 crappies and 2 bluegills.  I'm sure most of the lake is sound, but there were spots still kept open by geese.
Tip-Up!  Just Playing
Grub Jigger,

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2010, 07:37 PM »
anybody been here lately?

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2010, 08:10 PM »
I was down there this weekend to pick up some minnows (there is no place around me to get them) and talked to some people and they said the bite was really slow. They were on there 3rd move and still no fish, but on the other hand there was a lot of shacks out there. I might try it this weekend.

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2010, 09:47 PM »
Been on the Bone 3 times in the last week. 1st day fished a crib by the artesian spring, caught 3 keeper and 4 short crappies. Day 2, 10 keeper crappie between 9" and 11". Today 4 crappie same size, took all day. Marked fish all over in the bottom 3rd of the water but they were tight lipped. Also heard a couple of guys limited out on gills over the cribs in front of the resturaunt. Will probably hit campground area over the weekend

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Went out for 6 hours Friday and 4 hours today. Lot of tents on the road, we stayed out in the trees. Marking fish from 20' down and they sure were picky. Caught crappies off the bottom and had a million follow the bait up 3' then head back down. Everybody out there said the same thing. We brought home a few crappie between 9" & 11" but should of had an easy limit if I could have found the right bait/presentation. Any body else been fishing out here in the last week? I have one more week off so will probably go back out Tuesday or Wednesday. Weekends have a lot of people and with Monday being a holiday I'm waiting until mid week. Let me know if anybody wants to meet out there.
Oh yea, I did catch a 12" Walter first thing this morning.

Offline HappyFrozenToes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 10:10 PM »
how was the water clarity?

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2010, 07:50 AM »
bout nomal for Da Bone, fairly cloudy from the creek current. Not much run off as the temps never got above freezing Friday or Saturday. Wasn't even any slush. Creek channel ice looks scary but I drilled it, still 6"-8". Looked good so I didn't measure.

Offline Icymike1987

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Fished the bone this morning from about 6-10. Punched holes all over from the dam to the deep trees back to the dam water looked pretty merky ice thick 8+ inches everywere we hit. Only bit i had all morning was at weed bed by dam 2 lbs large mouth.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Fished the bone this morning from about 6-10. Punched holes all over from the dam to the deep trees back to the dam water looked pretty merky ice thick 8+ inches everywere we hit. Only bit i had all morning was at weed bed by dam 2 lbs large mouth.

You tried it already I didn`t see this post. Good to see you caught a Bass.

Bob

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2010, 05:37 PM »
plan on trying shabonna this weekend. any tips? does anybody know the date for the late night fishing? i emailed the park twice with no reply.

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2010, 07:25 PM »
Saturday Feb 13th park is open until 10pm. They also announced that beginning April 1st instead of May 1st the park goes to summer hours open at 6am closes at 10pm

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 12, 2010, 05:30 PM »
anybody fishing the bone tomorrow night?

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 12, 2010, 09:23 PM »
Thinking about heading that way tomorrow. Not sure how long I will stay depend on the fish.

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2010, 07:22 AM »
anybody have any luck here lately?

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:50 AM »
we fished from 330 to 9pm, only one bite. everybody said the same thing. seems like the lake shut down.

Offline KDK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 14, 2010, 07:02 PM »
Same here, fished from 3:00 to 7:30, caught one small channel cat, marked fish, they would come in look at the bait for a while then leave. Ice was a good 12-14 inches.
Life is simple, people make it complicated

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.