Author Topic: Ice Fishing Pranks  (Read 33191 times)

Offline fuldraw

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing Pranks
« Reply #60 on: Jan 01, 2010, 06:41 AM »
great thread lots of good stuff here ;D

Offline bassman508

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:01 AM »
I tied a half gallon of peppermint schnapps to my buddies tip-up. it was set 20 ft. 25 other guys were in on it. we threw a snow ball to set it off. It was funny when he got it up and relized everyone knew but him. then we drank it.

Offline bigfoot697

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 01, 2010, 08:06 AM »
this is a story about lurkers and idiots too. noah and i were catching these fish one after another and kept saying just another brown trout. 2 idiots watching us made a call on their cell phone and 2 other idiots showed up and said whos catching the trout? just then i reeled in another trout and said trout on. 1 of the idiots walked over and said can i see your fish? he looked at it and said those there fish aint trout, thems golden shiners to which i replied oops my bad. hey it made my day and noahs too ;D.

Offline S.M.05

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 6 days of work, 1 day of trout.
« Reply #63 on: Jan 03, 2010, 09:38 AM »
 When the fishn slows down and my buddy's in that no fish daze. I grab mine line lift up on the rod and make the drag scream, falls for it every time.
One time I hooked the ice at the hole and told him i had a monster and to help ice it. I was reeling against the ice making the drag scream and liftn the rod up and down to make it look as though it was one hell of fight. ;D
If you cant ride it, drink it or bring home it to bed, it aint worth having!

Offline dylanfan2321

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Now that is what I call fish eyes LMAO!!!

Offline bradroy55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:20 PM »
Gotta be one of the funniest, and most informational threads ive ever seen!!  :roflmao:  ;D

Offline BritinCanada

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing Pranks ( Thin Ice Paranoia )
« Reply #66 on: Jan 05, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Thin Ice Paranoia

Well after reading this   trucks through ice again!

http://manitobaanglers.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=13458/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

You Guys got me and a few Buddies’ Worried about this Thin Ice so today we took every precaution to stay SAFE  ;) ;) ;)

In Fact a Fish Was even landed on The Boat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3,   :o :o :o :o

Offline LAKEGEORGEJEFF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 05, 2010, 03:48 PM »
    We prank the same guy every year.So he has wised up to the old skimmer on the line trick.Last year while he was napping with his jig stick sitting on his bucket we took a very lively 25"Laker from the live well and hooked it through the tail and sent it back down.This guy thought he had a Monster on...we got him again...

CALLING ALL FISH!!!!!!!!!

Offline arcticcatz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Jan 06, 2010, 11:50 AM »
Great thread !  I will have some fun this year!

Offline frozengator

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:49 PM »
The smaller depth sounders on the end of a line works great for the one that goes away and leaves his pole unattended.  ;D 
Gator Nation

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I like to tie clear mono to a tip up flag and run it into the shanty. When someone (usually my brother) goes out to check bait I pull the line.  Its great to rig up 3 like this at once. For a real laugh do this on glare ice and watch your buddies fall all over the ice.
;D Thats funny. good one.

surflizard

« Reply #71 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:52 AM »
wait for drunken buddy to nod off- remove his bait from tipup line-replace with a  frying pan-lower line and pan slowly.to bottom- run back to friend screaming "FLAG"! ;D

done it-funny too

surflizard

« Reply #72 on: Feb 05, 2010, 04:59 AM »
response to #9-
THAT THERE IS SOME SIC AND DEMENTED FUNNY STUFF(wish I thought of it first)
 :clap: :roflmao:

Offline APJ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • A Jig Rod in hand is worth fish on the ice..
« Reply #73 on: Mar 24, 2010, 11:12 AM »
what are some good pranks you've pulled on the ice.  One of my favorite is the old ice scoop fish, works great on a new guy, when he takes of for a $$$$ pull up one of his tip ups tie and ice scoop on the end and set the flag off, when he comes back and starts to pull in the "fish" it flutters in the water, and flashes when it gets close to the hole, I've seen guys fight these things for 5-6 minutes thinking its a big fish
                                                                                                           Well just dont hook your own skimmer to the line like I did one time, When the guy pulls your skimmer through the hole thinking its a big fish, and see's that its not his skimmer he threw it back down the hole. I lost my good skimmer!
[img       Former-( Air Plane Jigger)

Offline Clampet

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cripes!
« Reply #74 on: Mar 25, 2010, 11:29 AM »
Killer stories!
I once saw someone chop the head off of a frozen Pike and attach it to the hook of a tip-up, then call over a first timer fishergirl, and tell her to take the line and set the hook with a large yank.
When she did, and pulled up the pike head, we told her she pulled too hard!
- I reckon' -

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 25, 2010, 12:39 PM »
My buddies are going to get terrorized next year thanks to this thread!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline webster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Oct 09, 2010, 06:46 AM »
this one was not on the ice but was funny .    We were fishing out of my friend Pauls boat eating junkfood and drinking soda.   Paul got caught caught with one of those  stomach cramps we all know are not is not going to end well.  He starts the boat and going as fast a we can head for an island .    Seeing he is not going to make it he just shuts the moter off drops his pants and hangs over the eddge.    At the same moment the wake slaps  the side of the boat and throws crap all the way up his back to his hair.   Paul was a great swimmer dove in and swam around to wash off.   I thought i was going to die laughing.

Offline dbtfishman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Oct 13, 2010, 07:24 AM »
Me and one of my buddies were smelt fishin one day and my father in law and his brother came out and set their portable right next to our permy.  when the action died down i found a wire coat hanger in the shack used it to reach under the water and snag my inlaws line and pulled it up through our hole, bite the head off of one of the smelt and attach it to his hook the threw it back.  a few seconds he was screamin how a trout or something ate half of it on the way up, so i did it to him a few more times until he realized what really happening.  funniest thing ever.

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Oct 25, 2010, 02:01 AM »
One of the best pranks I've ever seen was on a local chain of lakes where they hold a huge tourny every year and we just use it as an excuse to party and so after the derby we were all sitting in the shack and decided to pick up all the lines so we go stumbling out on the ice and I notice a flag was up so I try my best to run and get it i set the hook and felt something heavy on the other end so I was yelling for someone to grab a gaff and light when I pulled it outta the hole it was a dead octopus we were all freaking out not knowing what was going on we wound up bringing it bar hoping all night and found out a few weeks later that someone from chicago bought it and brought it up and it wound up making its way around the lake. We wound up in a local magazine called the porcupine press

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:43 PM »
The first time I was out fishing with my buddies they pulled the "fishing line attached to the tip up" prank on me. One of my buds set up a tip up with no line on it and tied one of his lines to it. After a while he tripped the tip up. As a first timer they told me when a flag goes up run as fast as you can to get to the tip up and low and behold it had to be the furthest tip up. I pulled up the tip up and no line on it. My buddy has pissed that I didn't get there in time to pull out the fish and let the fish take all the line. So I was apologizing to him but as I turned around I saw the rest of the crew on the ground laughing. We have pulled that trick with all the newbies that come fishing with us. I guess kind of an initiation.

PS
I love the bottomless pail trick for the game warden.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Oct 27, 2010, 01:26 PM »
when I pulled it outta the hole it was a dead octopus we were all freaking out not knowing what was going on we wound up bringing it bar hoping all night and found out a few weeks later that someone from chicago bought it

Octopus.....Redwings thing.
(Don't tell anyone in NH; I've been a closet fan)

Must've been a Blackhawks fan who brought it.  ;)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Nov 24, 2010, 05:57 PM »
I went fishing with my buddys last year on the first outting for my frabill recon. They dont use shantys. I enclosed myself inside. I was jigging away and all of a sudden I hear birds and scratchin. What Theeee. I step out and seagulls all around. They put minnows on top of my shanty.

Offline newincudahy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Failure to prepare is prepairing to fail.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 29, 2010, 11:44 PM »
I keep a "billy bass" rubber fish in my shack for kicks. One day on a popular lake nobody was catching any so I turn my shack to face the crowd about a foot ball field away and then I start catching my billy bass over and over. Wasnt too long before a bunch of um set almost elbow room away. I packed and moved with a evil smile on my face.
Fish Now! Cuz you'll be dead a long time.

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 05, 2010, 04:46 AM »
I keep a "billy bass" rubber fish in my shack for kicks. One day on a popular lake nobody was catching any so I turn my shack to face the crowd about a foot ball field away and then I start catching my billy bass over and over. Wasnt too long before a bunch of um set almost elbow room away. I packed and moved with a evil smile on my face.
That is epic! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline jvanhees

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Dec 14, 2010, 09:13 AM »
great thread..the bottomless bucket is awesome
Ducks Unlimited - Huron Valley Chapter

Offline fishin mt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Dec 25, 2010, 08:33 PM »
me and my friends were fishing a few years back.  and on the shore there was a large pike carcass that had been recently filleted out.  as our one friend was off checking his tip ups we hooked this huge carcass on a perch jigging rod he had set up.  the pike had probably been about a 12# fish or bigger so we had to set the drag and bent the rod over pretty good so he would notice it.  anyways as he was walking back my other friend latched onto a big 10# ling.  after we got the ling out everyone was excited and our friend notices his rod bent way over.  anyways we played it up.  he fought the fish for about 10 minutes said it was fighting and everything. we could barely hold a straigt face. he gets the fish up and says man i think someone has caught this fish before and fillet it and put it back in alive. he was pretty caught off guard by it all.  he honestly at first thought the fish was swiming without the fillets. 

ICE REBEL

« Reply #86 on: Dec 31, 2010, 07:14 PM »
I have pulled up my buddies jigging rod when he went for a tip up and put a fish that we already caught on his hook and put it back down the hole. When he came back and seen his bobber gone he thought he had something. When he got it up it was already frozen. Good Times.

Offline team DKM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 01, 2011, 12:28 AM »
Not really a prank but it is funny to see the reaction from the people around us.  Me and my buddy fish with jigging poles no tip ups.  My buddy has two EZ jiggers that he sets up on a bucket, you can see them from about 100 yrds away.  We will be sitting there just BS ing and having a good time when someone around us starts yelling you have a fish you have a fish.  They get more excited when we look at the ez jigger and back at them by this time they are jumping up and down telling us we have a fish.
"Take your kids fishing, then you know what they are up to.

Offline FISH-MITS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:18 PM »
Went fishing with a buddy who was pretty green to fishing - I couldn't tell him anything. He caught a 10' smallie. He wanted to keep it and I told him to throw it back. He insisted and I shook my head. We used his new Clam Nanook as we had a mile drag into an old quarry. He didn't have a truck so I hauled the gear. At the end of the day he took his car home and left his tent with me so I could clean the fish. When I came across the bass I tucked it into the canopy a bit thinking he would find it on the next outting. Long story short he never made it out again. Mid summer he jumped me about that fish - I forgot all about it. He said he kept tearing his garage apart looking for a dead rat or something... Finally stumbled across the fish which was pretty much decayed as he went through his gear. I told him to throw that damn fish back - maybe it'll be a lesson learned...
"Catch Em' While You Can"

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #89 on: Jan 07, 2011, 02:03 PM »
Well this prank hasn't happened yet but I wound up getting a huge lamprey that ended up in a fish tote at work so I'm planning on either putting it on my friends tip up or in his minnow bucket tomorrow on our fishing trip, any other good ideas for how to use it would be great there's a bunch of us going so I'm sure it'll be used more than once.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.